Requesting EXPERIENCE Java Developer/Coder to create server mod

Skoalify

Last I checked the Moderators and Admins determine the end of discussion by locking a topic

Just saying end of discussion is like stamping your foot and telling everyone to shut up and go away

Also, a discussion is when you, how you say "discuss something", there has been no discussion here because there is no substance

You claim to have found a modder, yet you are still here defending your topic and trying to make us look like the bad guys by throwing up smoke screens one after another with flashy posts and attacks on the moderators (don't try to suger coat it) which results in...wait for it...lack of substance

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have a clue about anything other than the fact that I searched for a developer and found one..

You're absolutely right, I don't have any clue what your plans are because you failed to make them known.

And that's because you're being really secretive in the "Thieving programmerses, they steals my presciousideas!" way, just like every other wanna be with loads of ideas and no skills of your own.

You're asking a programmer to jump into an uncompensated, presumably expansive project pretty much blind. The fact you found someone willing to do it means you either found a complete newbie without any creativity of his own, or someone who decided to go along with it just to see what the idea your fussing over actually is. Neither of which has a very good chance of sticking around.

Again, good luck. I do hope you enjoy your little CEO LARP.

And do be sure not to bother us in the future when it all falls through. Your secrecy alone tells us you're not worth listening to.

How about you two stop acting like children. Skoalify is completely right, you are only arguing word for word cluelessly which only magnifyis your childhood and weakness. I expected better from you as staff, but now it's a complete turn off knowing you're both just like the rest of the fools and uneducated teenagers on the internet who just want the last word. Skoalify did nothing wrong, he was looking for a developer in his own way and found one, you guys were blindly trying to provoke him with 30 minutes of writing a paragraph of verbal comebacks, all because of a last word.

At least Skoalify was mature and smart enough to end the discussion by saying so. He really does have that power. When skoalify says end of discussion, he means it - everything you attempt to say after that will be something he will not give a single fuck about. In-fact he completely unsubscribes from the thread and continues on, leaving you two here to rot in your attempts to get back at him.

Skoalify hates me, so don't think of me as his butt buddy. I tried getting in his way just like you two did, all he did was aggravate me and then saying the end of discussion line.

Skoalify happily made you two infused with some sort of anger, ended the discussion and then continued onto what really matters, his life and being sucessfull. Just as he does with all unsuccsefull trolls on the internet. You can never get back at him, he really is superior, so seriously, just stop wasting your time and learn to control your mouth and shutup for once.

Yeah, uh-huh. I'm totally convinced. It's the entire rest of the community that was wrong!

And all it took was a person to dedicate their first post to telling me!

Let me give you some advice: Lurk a bit. Find out what a community will accept and not accept before you try to put yourself out there.

We aren't trying to "get back at him" and we don't care about his ever-so-successful life outside of the forum. What matters is what happens here, and whether it has substance and quality. His post was all window-dressing and auto-fellatio. A fact that was made clear by the fact that he was immediately shut down by two Modders and two moderators.

Our goal is to make him, and all the other self-styled idea-guys shut up, and either make something or don't, instead of trying to come in and act like they're important.

Yeah, uh-huh. I'm totally convinced. It's the entire rest of the community that was wrong!

And all it took was a person to dedicate their first post to telling me!

Let me give you some advice: Lurk a bit. Find out what a community will accept and not accept before you try to put yourself out there.

i have to agree with sios because you guys aren't trying to prove anything.. you just want the last word and are acting liek children for it..

like seriously, you just replied back again for no stupid reason...

You do realize that if i was just after the last word, i could easily have it, and then lock the thread right? I'm trying to make you lot understand WHY what he posted was of no value.

What he posted wasn't of no value, so yeah, all you give a fuck about is the last word, look at you, still trying at it..

Are you two stupid or something? Like seriously, skoalify explained everything and you guys don't even read nor understand.. Skoalify asked for a interested developer to add him on skype so he can share the plans, ONLY ON THIS FORUM. He said he posted a request with full details on every other forum, he just decided to post something quick and different over here. So you guys saying he has a "bad pitch" is obviously not true. It's all in the last word, whether you're oblivious to it or not..

He explained nothing. He just kept saying how his mod would be amazing, and revolutionary, and it would change the face of minecraft forever. And what were the actual ideas he mentioned? Streaming audio. Tons of window dressing, no actual post.

What he posted on other forums has no bearing on what he posted here, particularly as he didn't link to it. We were given two large posts about how awesome he was, and that's about it.

You do realize that if i was just after the last word, i could easily have it, and then lock the thread right? I'm trying to make you lot understand WHY what he posted was of no value.

dude.. he simply asked for a developer and you decided to be a dick by telling him his ideas were stupid. at that point he already found a developer, so he didn't care so much about the thread anymore. and with you saying such a useless thing, it's clear why he would be blunt afterwards about his idea.. the only legitimate reason you have to close this thread is because of now, the havoc you are provoking with your lack of shutting up.

He explained nothing. He just kept saying how his mod would be amazing, and revolutionary, and it would change the face of minecraft forever. And what were the actual ideas he mentioned? Streaming audio. Tons of window dressing, no actual post.

What he posted on other forums has no bearing on what he posted here, particularly as he didn't link to it. We were given two large posts about how awesome he was, and that's about it.

It doesn't matter what he posted after that, it matters about your first post. How you practically just said everything about his project was stupid, even though you didn't know crap about it. If you were smart, you wouldn't have done it in the first place, and all of this wouldn't have happened.. But noo, you just have to assume he's like every other kid requesting a developer, and start to toss shit around like the 4th of july.

You guys don't seem to understand where you are. When people post stupid things like "I need a java developer to work for me for free, and it will be the greatest thing ever" they do not get the benefit of the doubt, they get ridiculed. If you want a hugbox, go back to minecrafforums.net, by all means.

Also, if you had bothered reading, i never said anything about his ideas. I said that nobody needed his ideas, because anyone with the capability to make a mod already has ideas of their own. His ideas may be great, but that's neither here nor there.

As far as i've seen he's STILL just like every other kid who comes in to pitch his mod that he can't make. He came in with a vague pitch, and when people called him on it, he said "yeah, well i already GOT a developer, so there" and tried to abandon thread.

I found skoalify on skype and asked him why acted the way he did over here. He said the following:

If Jay? were to have been rather mature about the thread I posted and reply with constructive critisizm on how my thread could have been improved, just like any responsible staff member should, he could have expected me to comply back politely and fix it accoordingly. However, he decided to assume I was just like the rest of the kiddos around the Minecraft community wanting a developer and proceeded by blatantly being rudly sarcastic. It was around that point I already found a developer, that I couldn't care any less about the thread. His actions is what got me on my edgy side, losing my respect for him and the staff all together - resulting in being blunt about how my project was awesome : P

[5:34:34 PM | Edited 5:36:29 PM] Skoalify: Anyways, after that is was just continous argue word for word. In which I instinctively assumed he was just like the rest of internet fools. Which was why I decided to end the discussion.

[5:39:30 PM] Skoalify: If I can't get a developer for free, I'll simply poor my money unto a professional. I don't care for the staff's decision on my account over at the forums, nor do I care how they view me and my project, as I will have nothing to lose, so they can ban me if they so please.

...the havoc you are provoking with your lack of shutting up.

If it's a dead thread then let it die, not trying to backseat the mods here but this comes up on every forum

Every reply you make keeps the thread alive, and the fact that the 2 of you joined recently and jumped this topic is supisious enough but by no means my place to be pointing fingers

If he has a dev then he can 1up Jay? by proving him wrong

If it's a dead thread then let it die, not trying to backseat the mods here but this comes up on every forum

Every reply you make keeps the thread alive, and the fact that the 2 of you joined recently and jumped this topic is supisious enough but by no means my place to be pointing fingers

I know him well enough to not care what others think, like proving people wrong and so forth since eventually he'll be the one rising out of the ground.

All we can do is wait for his, apparently awesome server to come out. He shared some of the plans with me already and I have to admit, it's fucking briliant, so yeah..

nah, skoalify doesn't care to prove anything when it's not true. The only reason I am keeping the thread alive is to prove how the mods can't just be quite, which is actualy what is keeping the thread alive.

Yeah, see, that's just more evidence that him, and you guys, didn't bother to look around before you posted. Rule one of any forum is LOOK THE FUCK AROUND. And if you don't like what you see, don't post. Nothing out of the ordinary happened here. Some guy made a useless post, people made fun of him, and then he took his ball and went home. It's practically a weekly event here.

I have yet to see anything that contradicts my opinion of him as "just like the rest of the kiddos", particularly as he seems to be under the impression that this thread was welcome here at all.

Yeah, see, that's just more evidence that him, and you guys, didn't bother to look around before you posted. Rule one of any forum is LOOK THE FUCK AROUND. And if you don't like what you see, don't post. Nothing out of the ordinary happened here. Some guy made a useless post, people made fun of him, and then he took his ball and went home. It's practically a weekly event here.

I have yet to see anything that contradicts my opinion of him as "just like the rest of the kiddos", particularly as he seems to be under the impression that this thread was welcome here at all.

Doesn't matter, we really don't have to read everything. The fact remains that you should have been rather mature about the thread I posted and reply with constructive critisizm on how my thread could have been improved. Instead you just were being irresponsible and rude. Seriously, there is no need to be like that, you could have totally did otherwise and expect a different outcome where the lights of heaven shined upon the thread.

He doesn't care what you think about him which is why you're still the only one here. He is more then capable of proving he is not like the rest of the kiddos. His ball is full of success, he brought his ball over here to get in contact with developers, and he then left with his ball by merely saying "meh" at the site of you proving to be the way you are. It really is your loss for being that way. Please don't base your judgment on Skoalify because of how I am acting immature and stuff towards you, for he truly his Smart, mature and intelligent.

[6:07:01 PM] Skoalify: Stop defending me.. I couldn't care less what the staffs view is on me. That last thing I want is for caos to occur on the thread, that's the last thing the forum needs at this point. Just tell them I wouldn't mind having a simple chat with Jay on voice via teamspeak or something, to prove otherwise and bring up and interesting topic, but please don't disrespect them or argue any further.. If you continue, you can expect to be community banned from us when we launch.

Doesn't matter, we really don't have to read everything. The fact remains that you should have been rather mature about the thread I posted and reply with constructive critisizm on how my thread could have been improved. Instead you just were being irresponsible and rude. Seriously, there is no need to be like that, you could have totally did otherwise and expect a different outcome where the lights of heaven shined upon the thread.

There is no outcome where this thread would have been good. If people hadn't laid into him, the thread would have been completely empty, just like the one he made a couple months ago with a different account. There's no "constructive criticism" to be given here. I could have been more blunt and just said "Go away", but i tried to tell him WHY this was a stupid thread. Seriosuly, though. Read the forums. You clearly don't belong here.

He doesn't care what you think about him which is why you're still the only one here. He is more then capable of proving he is not like the rest of the kiddos. His ball is full of success, he brought his ball over here to get in contact with developers, and he then left with his ball by merely saying "meh" at the site of you proving to be the way you are. It really is your loss for being that way. Please don't base your judgment on Skoalify because of how I am acting immature and stuff towards you, for he truly his Smart, mature and intelligent.
Aw, im not the only one here, i have you and the skittles guy.

"capable of" doesn't mean anything. The only things that matter are things that people have actually SHOWN. And all he's shown is that he thinks he's amazing.

I have lost nothing here, because he brought nothing in. There was nothing here.

Even his ball is still imaginary.

But yeah, I guess I'll stop to.. Sorry for comming at you jay, i guess what I was trying to say was you shouldn't have been rude at the start, because you would have found out earlier that skoalify is a pretty interesting guy. But you should do what flengo posted and have a talk with skoalify in general, you won't regret it, I know skoalify well enough to not have a grudge against you in this type of a matter.. he'll just look down upon you and smile.

Well, i still say you should look around. There are hugboxes on the internet, and if you like that kind of thing, there's nothing wrong with them, but this isn't one of them. We're harsh here, and if that isn't something you agree with, you aren't going to enjoy your time here.

I'll try talking to him on skype or something, but the problem isn't that I, personally, can't see what his ideas were, it the entire concept of people who come in expecting their ideas to be taken seriously, when they don't display any substance along with it.