My friend needs help with mods

_Anjou_

Hello fellas. My friend is in need of help. She can't figure out how to download and install mods, and neither can I. She asked me to post this on the forum because she doesn't have an account herself. Can somebody please tell how download and install mods, so I can tell her, so she can stop nagging on me?

The process of installing mods into a minecraft install is extremely error prone, and is what inspired the admins here to create technic in the first place.

They've gone through all the effort to create the launcher, packs, and platform so people like you don't have to.

My suggestion is you should search on platform for any packs that include the mods you're looking for, and give them a try. It's much easier and can introduce you to mods you never knew existed and yet can't live without.

Except you forget that there is no mods or coremods folder in a vanilla Minecraft installation, eeem1214.

That's only after you install Forge.

Unless something changed the last time I did some modding on my own? That was quite a while back, I must say.

EDIT: Ah, I misread that post it seems.

Regardless, you'd first need to install Forge, which can be a hassle if you've never done it before. After that it's relatively simple, but still quite error-prone as Neowulf said.