Updating server to 0.6.1

Steeled

I was wondering if I should update my server to 0.6.1, since it is the new recommended build. I am currently playing on 0.5.7, and I was wondering if any blocks would change or if I would run into any other problems if I just got the new server and planted my current world file right into it. I also want your guys advice. Is there any critical problems with this version that could potentially be game breaking? I noticed they removed IC2 Transformers, which is kind of a kick in the balls but I'm sure I'll survive. Is there any other removed mods that I didn't notice? Thanks in advance for any input you provide.

No there should be no problems at all. I recently updated my server and have had little to no complaints at all. Although I'am very curious as to what was added (10 more mods but only found 2 new ones looking through it). So far though the biggest complaint I have been getting, and this is also annoying to me, is that even with the server on highest difficulty (3) mob spawns have become as rare as finding diamond =/ I can not tell you how frustrating this is because now finding Ender-dorks for pearls has become downright near impossible. Could this be something to do with the conversion of the world from 5.7 to 6.1? Because I have noticed a few out of place things. Strangely it was nothing that anybody had touched at all. I would be going about checking on the server and I would spot random patches of trees that for some reason had got covered by a volcano and were now dying. Maybe that's just part of the mod to expand every now and then, (?) but regardless the lack of mobs even at night is enough to give me some cause for concern.

@IceFox sorry for the late reply but just wanted to inform you that monsters indeed spawned in my world after updating, so it's something on your end. I am using a normal Tekkit Lite server with none of the extra server tools. Here are some list of things you should check:

Check your server config file.

Check your doMobSpawn gamerule command, and make sure it's on. Maybe check all the gamerules.

Clear all the mobs in your world somehow. Don't know if there is a "kill all" command in Minecraft but somehow you should try.

Take that world out,(keep it though) generate a new one really quick. Check for mob spawns. If mobs don't spawn, it's one of the server files. If they do, it's an issue with your current world.

@IceFox sorry for the late reply but just wanted to inform you that monsters indeed spawned in my world after updating, so it's something on your end. I am using a normal Tekkit Lite server with none of the extra server tools. Here are some list of things you should check:

Check your server config file.

Check your doMobSpawn gamerule command, and make sure it's on. Maybe check all the gamerules.

Clear all the mobs in your world somehow. Don't know if there is a "kill all" command in Minecraft but somehow you should try.

Take that world out,(keep it though) generate a new one really quick. Check for mob spawns. If mobs don't spawn, it's one of the server files. If they do, it's an issue with your current world.

Thanks man. I did try that and they spawned just fine in the new world. I have no clue what was wrong with the old one. Also just a little off topic. Apparently my account was suspended for even asking about the mob spawn issue. Is there something they are trying to hide on the forums? Oh well I fixed the problem and I'am no longer worried about it.