Nothing will load/launch

Major2309

Alright so when I try to start any of the preset modpacks it says:Error retrieving information for following pack:

Then when I add a modpack and try to launch it, it says error downloading following pack, then says failed to download (gives long dropbox link), then says please consult the modpack author.

This happens with every modpack.

Anyone have any ideas it would be extremely helpful

Hmm I don't have that problem, but my brother does. Funny since we both have the same model of laptop. It seems that this occurs for some people but not others. I don't know why it does this so I'm not much of a help but I need to know how to fix this too because the world me and my brother play on is on his tekkit lite.

Wow i didnt know people had to be jerks all the time for trying to fix peoples problems.

Don't start this. Trust me, you really don't want to.

Trying to be helpful and failing miserably at being helpful are two completely different things.

Don't start this. Trust me, you really don't want to.

Trying to be helpful and failing miserably at being helpful are two completely different things.

Well thats the same exact error I got and thats what I did to fix it. The first guy never even had a problem so he doesnt even know what hes talking about if it works or not. Imnot trying to start anything and it should work cuz it did for me.

Well thats te

exact error I got and thats what I did to fix it. The first guy never even had a problem so he doesnt even know what hes talking about if it works or not. Imnot trying to start anything and it should work cuz it did for me.

I would agree with you, and let you try to help all you want, except for one crucial part of your argument; that it's the same error.

Here's from your original bug report:

it just loads and right before I get to the Mojang screen it just goes white and quits itself!

And here's from this thread:

when I try to start any of the preset modpacks it says:Error retrieving information for following pack:

Then when I add a modpack and try to launch it, it says error downloading following pack, then says failed to download (gives long dropbox link),

The only thing that's similar is the title of the threads, which must have been the only thing you read before assuming it was the same problem causing the inability to use the platform. If I were you, I would sit back and let the people who know what they're doing handle things for a while, don't you agree?

Edit: I'm terribly sorry for the single derp that invalidated this entire argument.

I would agree with you, and let you try to help all you want, except for one crucial part of your argument; that it's the same error.

Here's from your original bug report:

And here's from this thread:

The only thing that's similar is the title of the threads, which must have been the only thing you read before assuming it was the same problem causing the inability to use the platform. If I were you, I would sit back and let the people who know what they're doing handle things for a while, don't you agree?

Or maybe i did check the error message i got and its basically the same thing. Wh dont we wait for a response from the guy with the problem?

Actually, I just realized that I spazzed out for a second, and for some reason, my mind thought you submitted the bug report I linked to, so sorry for that derpiness.

But I still hold that you shouldn't have posted in all of the bug reports a copy/pasted message proposing a fix for a MAC, half of which were on threads of which the people were running a PC. If anything, you should have at least confirmed that it worked on a PC before posting.

Actually, I just realized that I spazzed out for a second, and for some reason, my mind thought you submitted the bug report I linked to, so sorry for that derpiness.

But I still hold that you shouldn't have posted in all of the bug reports a copy/pasted message proposing a fix for a MAC, half of which were on threads of which the people were running a PC. If anything, you should have at least confirmed that it worked on a PC before posting.

Ok, I'll check that now.

Wow i didnt know people had to be jerks all the time for trying to fix peoples problems.

You have 7 identical posts in 7 different threads all posted in a 5 minute span. That's spam, pure and simple.

If you don't agree, go someplace else where attention seeking behavior like that isn't shunned.

You have 7 identical posts in 7 different threads all posted in a 5 minute span. That's spam, pure and simple.

If you don't agree, go someplace else where attention seeking behavior like that isn't shunned.

I wasn't seeking attention? I was just trying to help people out that were having similar problems. Get it right before you say stuff like that.

I wasn't seeking attention? I was just trying to help people out that were having similar problems. Get it right before you say stuff like that.

You were spamming.

You did it to make sure as many people as you thought relevant would see that you found a fix.

As maxis has pointed out you posted your fix in unrelated problems.

If you went up to a bunch of complete strangers who were rubbing their elbow and told them a cure for arthritis you thought up, you'd likely get ignored or yelled at. If you kept it up your sanity would be called into question.

If I catch you posting like that again I'm siccing the spamcleaner on you.