Energy Bridge -- Eats BC Energy Regardless?

Valleriani

So I have the following setup --

'

IC2 Consumer --> Energy Link --> BC Producer

Theh BC Producer has a wooden conductive pipe and a phased conductive pipe as well on it.

When I don't even have anything set on the phased transport pipe, it still eats energy, regardless. (I am seeing it create BC power even though it is not linked up to anything. Is this correct? Is there a way to solve this?

Mainly I have a quarry going that is pretty far out that is linked to this, but the gold pipe always blows up, not sure if there is a simple solution for this or not, but could be because of the constant output of BC regardless if the machine is done or not.

Thanks!

Ideally using thermal expansion's redstone energy conduits is better (Dont explode, better energy distribution, less loss). Plus using thermal expansions tessaracts to teleport power is even better, mostly because of the fact that they are integrated with the conduits (They will lose more energy than a phased pipe though, it can be configured to lose 0 if wanted). I think the real culprit of your problem is the quarry itself. I find that BC stuff has this nasty habit of eating energy when not needed. A good example is the filler. it takes like 5 MJ/t when not working and can take any amount to work. So check out the quarry and see if it is the problem...

• Discord Moderator

The quarry can eat up to just below 50 MJ/t which equates to about 128 EU/t. The best way to prevent this when the quarry isn't actually running is to put a redstone energy cell after the BC producer. This provides a MJ battery as well as making it easy to turn the output on/off with a redstone signal.

I am having this exact problem. I use Geothermal/IC2 generators all the time when possible. I used to use the energy link which was easy as hell for me but then it was removed. Right now I have it setup as

Geothermal gen> IC2 consumer> BC producer, golden conducter and then a phased conductive pipe. I put the phased conductive pipe onto the quarry with another golden conductive pipe between them and nothing happens. At all. I tried putting a consumer next to it as well. The conductive pipe doesn't even have the blue line going through it at all. What am I doing wrong?

I am having this exact problem. I use Geothermal/IC2 generators all the time when possible. I used to use the energy link which was easy as hell for me but then it was removed. Right now I have it setup as

Geothermal gen> IC2 consumer> BC producer, golden conducter and then a phased conductive pipe. I put the phased conductive pipe onto the quarry with another golden conductive pipe between them and nothing happens. At all. I tried putting a consumer next to it as well. The conductive pipe doesn't even have the blue line going through it at all. What am I doing wrong?

Well i do believe you need a wooden conductive pipe to get the power out, thats the problem with BC power systems its so strange and they force you to use different pipes. TE redstone energy conduits are much more intuitive and simple. BTW energy links sucked (Although they were much easier to use for beginners), they were inefficient, uncontrollable, and very bad at just about everything. and btw do you have a energy bridge inbetween the IC2 consumer and BC producer?

• 8 months later...

Found a much easier solution then building a redstone energy cell. (These require alot of parts and machines and liquid redstone etc. - if you werent using thermal expansion stuff, this is a real hassle.) Simply make a switch conductive pipe, put that between your wooden cond. pipe (pulling energy from the bc producer) and your phase cond. pipe (sending energy to your quarry or whatever). Put a lever on the block next to the switch pipe and waa-la. You can now stop buildcraft quarries/etc. constantly sucking energy from your batbox/mfe/mfsu with the flip of a lever.