Weird blue blocks taking over my MystCraft world

So I created a MystCraft world today with mostly ore pages and bright page. After a few hours, though, weird blue blocks started forming and taking over everything. Shortly after, pink blocks started to take over. I tried doing all kinds of searches to find out what is causing this but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?

a14th2.jpg

There are several different kinds of block decay that happen because of instability in mystcraft worlds. They often have different effects, but all of them will eventually eat the world.

http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ages:instability

The short version is that black decay blocks vanish blocks above them, eventually causing the age to become a void age except for floating islands and such. Colored decay blocks(red, purple and blue) eat blocks and replace them with their own decay blocks and eat different blocks at different speeds depending on color. White decay blocks are a world instagib. If you see white decay blocks leave ASAP.

There are many other instabilities, some quite interesting. Really, the only ones that acts fast enough or with small enough warning to kill you before you can escape are meteors and white decay, so watch out for those two. White decay grows faster than it can be broken by a large margin and injuries anything that moves on it. Meteors will eventually smash the world to nothing and can land directly on you with no warning.

Personally, I think BinaryMage needs to improve the age generation better. I've experimented with ages and half the time I get Void ages for no reason despite having at least symbols for biomes/terrain.

At least Cave age generation is greatly improved. With a laser rifle it can be an alternative to Dense Ore ages. (I might just spawn a Jungle Cave age just because it's cool.)

Not in the ages itself, but rather in how RedPower generates Marble. It checks for caves and puts marble in them. If the entire world is one big cave, then you'll lag like hell until you reload the age, at which point everything is fine.

The more I think about it, the more what I think was done to Cave ages was to use the same world gen code for the Nether. Which would explain the placement of water at y20.

In the config for Mystcraft, the option to disable Cave Worlds is called "generateNether" or something like that :P

It definitely references Nether.