Updating my Quarry. Where to begin?

Hi all, new to Tekkit!

I've been toying around in my SMP server with some friends over the last few days and so far I've got a 64x64 quarry, being run by 15 Stirling engines. The problem? I'm spending nearly all my time planting hundreds of trees, cutting them down, and making charcoal to keep the engines running. On top of that, my diamond chest is full of sorted cobblestone (via diamond pipe sorting) every 5-10 minutes. Must I recycle the cobblestone? Is there a more efficient/more automated method I could follow with the quarry to free up some hands?

I currently have ovens set to pipe out the fresh charcoal into a chest which pumps it into the engines, but I still am occupied most of the time.

Thanks!

Recycle the cobble or put it in Barrels with the upgrade, that way they can store 1024 stacks of cobble.

And for powering one use a combustion engine or convert power from solar panels from IC2, since they don't need you to do anything.

• Discord Moderator

Here to put my vote on power conversion from IC2 (or stored BC in energy cells) and teleported to the quarry with Energy Tesseracts (you might want to change the Thermal Expansion server config to set the Tesseracts to 10% down from 25% because 25% loss is just ludicrous). Keep in mind that a quarry requires just north of 48 MJ/t (that's nearly 128 EU/t) to operate at full speed.

I'd love to hear more about converting power and barrels. I've been looking and I'm getting confused when reading about energy links as they don't seem to be present in Tekkit Lite. If there is another energy converting object, I'd love to hear about it.

Speaking of missing energy links, if I can temporarily make my sterling engines more efficient by making them run hotter, I'd like to know how to do this in the absence of those components.