Endermen on overdrive?

DocTabasco

I've been using the seed -788587777 for my games, and in this mod pack i seem to be constantly surrounded by endermen, even during the day. what's going on with them? I also can't seem to kill them easily now, as they like to warp away at the same time I swing my sword.

is there an enderman spawner chance?

There's probably a place nearby that has a lot of black smokey clouds around. These are dim doors rifts that are expanding and multiplying, and they like to spawn endermen when they get out of control. You'll want to make a rift remover with an ender pearl and 4 gold ingots and use them on the black clouds to eliminate the rifts and stop the endermen from coming through.

You could disable taint in the config too....

And I don't really have a problem with it. I actually liked having TC2 back when. I am just pointing out that it is likley to get a thread every few days asking why there are so many enderman, just like taint got constant threads going "whats this purple stuff?".

The rifts are quickly becoming the new tc2 taint. Spawning everywhere, expanding and forcing players to deal with them quickly.

At least removing them is way easier than dealing with Taint. Taint in TC2 basically meant "Retreat into a Mystcraft world or at least 500 blocks away, and research Concentrated Evil".

Taint wasn't that hard to deal with if you understood the mechanics, but you did need to deal with it. Rifts are similar, they just have a lower tech tier required to remove them. Honestly, taint was only hard to deal with in the first few hours of play, after you got some tech smashing taint was pretty easy.