Increasing Auto-Crafting Efficiency in AE

Euphoreich

How quick most items are crafted tends to be limited materials that need to be smelted, pulverized, melted, ect, than anything else. But the way AE sends items to be processed is it will send them all to the same machine even if multiple machines have the same recipe. I've tried feeding it from an interface into a distribution pipe to split the stack that the interface spits out, but it seems distribution pipes do not separate stacks. I have two ideas, first is to feed the items into a chest and output from the sides of the chest to divide the items, but this will take precious time, and will make it quicker for processing bulk, but slow down small loads. My only other idea is to feed the items being processed into a separate AE network that will process them and then spit them out to the original network.

How have you guys made your autocrafting setups?

Split the recipes up between multiple machines. If you want stacks of smooth stone, you should have that from an igneous extruder outputting into a DSU, if you need stacks of glass, then when you are running low, you should put loads of sand on to cook when your machines arent doing anything else. Sometimes its more efficient to mass produce things like those seperately and keep a large supply handy. Rather than order it through AE as and when its needed.

You can also set AE to maintain a minimum level of certain crafting components. That way the machines spend more time being busy when you're not crafting anything to restore the buffer, but you have everything needed for crafting immediately on hand when you do order something.