Filler

Dash16

Is there a way to automate putting items into a Filler to use in the patterns it creates? I want to fill up quarry holes with the excess cobble I'm storing in a DSU, I'd like to just transport via item tesseract to the filler inventory so it can be placed in the landmarked frame.

I've tried extracting cobble from the DSU with a wooden pipe connecting to a cobble transport pipe going to an item tesseract. I can't seem to get the blocks out of the DSU, any suggestions? If possible I'd like to avoid BuildCraft pipes, I'm not a fan of how explodey and leakey they are.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I put the wooden pipe on top of the DSU, configured the DSU to output from the top, and put a redstone engine on the wooden pipe. Nothing comes out of the DSU, I think I need to solve that problem first and then figure out how to get it into the Filler. Was I at least right in that to input blocks into a Filler, run a pipe to the back?

I'd love to just hook up an Item Tesseract to the back of the Filler, an Energy Tesseract to the top to power it, and pour loads of Cobble into the various Quarry holes I've left all over the world. Fill quarry, move setup, repeat. Right now I'm just loading up my personal inventory with Cobble and flying between my base and the Filler, but that is getting old quick. :D

I would use Applied Energistics. Connect the DSU to the AE network with a storage buss. Then connect a item tesseract to the network with an export buss (fuzzy export buss to do stacks). I think the tesseraact will stop taking items from the network when the filler is full and the items have no where to go. I can't test it right now i am at work. But i think this will work fine.

You can get free cobblestone from the igneous extruder. Just set it up next to your filler, drop a bucket of lava and water in it, and let it go. I stopped collecting cobble once I figured this out. Tesseracts are a lot more expensive than the extruder, so I would save those for something more useful.

As a side note, before I switched to extruders, I was able to extract items from the DSU using a redstone engine and BC pipes just like your setup, so I'm not sure what's going on with that. Perhaps something with the tesseract is causing the issue (maybe test this with a chest instead of the tesseract to verify the engine setup is working. Also, we noticed that tesseracts stop working very quickly without a chunk loader around). I always seem to do excessive fiddling with tesseracts to get stuff working (BC is also very fiddly). They're very close to being not worth the effort in most cases considering their cost.

How much cobble are we talking about, from one bucket of lava and one bucket of water? I don't want to have to babysit the extruder… although using liquid tesseracts to deliver water from an aqueous accumulator and lava from a pump in the nether might be neat.

Setup the extruder… OIC, infinite cobble. Well, it's still too slow. Yeah I can let it sit there and fill while I'm doing other things, but damn. One block every 2-3 seconds, this will take forever!

ME Advanced Export bus FTW. Set to export entire stacks of cobble into an item tesseract, then connect another item tesseract to the filler. Works like a charm, thanks for the tip Jono!

I'm sorry I don't see a triple post, I see three different posts I made spaced 7-15 minutes apart. Is there a distinction? I suppose I could have edited the first post to include what I found out about the extruder, but c'mon. Really? Are we being that pedantic here? It's not like I'm spamming the boards going "OMG GUYZ HALP ME WITH MAH PROBLEM!!!!111one!"

Sorry if I offended.

Glad it worked. Also thought i should add that i just make all my quarry's in the ocean so its not such a eyesore/pitfall trap. This also helps to turn the lava into obsidian so you quarry doesn't shutoff before it hits bedrock. Also to check your quarry depth when in the ocean i use torches on the wall to create air pockets so i can breath (place torch breath of air torch breaks and pickup torch). Then later there is a mod for the power armor head piece that will allow you to see through the water and look for bedrock.

Yeah I've got the water electrolyzer to let me breathe underwater, and the night vision upgrade so I can see down to the ocean floor, and the water movement upgrade for the legs that lets me move faster in water. I typically have a water source block near at the top of the quarry for just that reason with lava, so the entire thing fills up and I can easily remove the source to empty the quarry (Fortune III diamond pick is nice to get the diamond and emerald deposits the quarry leaves on the sides of the walls.). Have to be careful about adjacent ravines, as the water spilling out of the quarry into the ravine makes things… extremely laggy. Also need to be on the lookout for the new sewage and sludge pools generated by MFR, quarries do NOT place nice with them and just loop infinitely trying to clear that liquid. For now, I just visit the quarries I'm running so I can eyeball whether or not I need to address a sewage/sludge issue.