Cooling Combustion engines

Ramned

Hi guys, this is my first post.

Im pumping water directly to Combustion engines but it seems this doesnt work cause i cant keep them cooled. i dont know what to do cause i cant generate enerrgy to my refineries more than 5 minutes. Can anyone help me.

• Discord Moderator

Combustion engines must cool completely before turning back on after shutting down. Use two RS energy cells with a gate attached and a bit of rednet with a PRC to cycle them in an efficient manner. Or use one cell with two gates, or CC. Many ways to skin this cat.

Combustion engines must cool completely before turning back on after shutting down. Use two RS energy cells with a gate attached and a bit of rednet with a PRC to cycle them in an efficient manner. Or use one cell with two gates, or CC. Many ways to skin this cat.

What are you talking about? Provided enough coolant and fuel, they will run indefinitely.

What are you talking about? Provided enough coolant and fuel, they will run indefinitely.

He means that if you turn them off. You must wait before you can turn them on again. You can't turn them on immediately because they need to cool down first.

I use one Buildcraft pump (with any pipes you dont need gold pipes) powered by 4 red stone engines for each Combustion engine. It have never failed on me. it helps to wait until the red stone engines are green or even red.

Hope this helps.

Ill try to upload a picture if needed.

BC Pump for water = old and tired

Aqueous Accumulator or Water Pump Pipe = the new way. Doesn't consume source blocks or need power

Ill have to try that. I used the old way cause it never failed on me. A BC pump never consumes the source block. You need a 3x3 pool for it to work.

I'm going to try the water pump pipe. Thanks

• Discord Moderator

Aqueous Accumulator just needs to be adjacent to source block(s) and causes the least lag because the water doesn't have to "flow".

The Water Pump Pipe only needs a single source block so it can be very compact in a build. The AA "might" be faster, but the WPP can easily keep up with 4 combustions.

Aqueous Accumulator just needs to be adjacent to source block(s) and causes the least lag because the water doesn't have to "flow".

The Water Pump Pipe only needs a single source block so it can be very compact in a build. The AA "might" be faster, but the WPP can easily keep up with 4 combustions.

The water pump needs at least a 3x3 pool. If you only have 1 water source block directly under it, the pump will suck it up and not regenerate water. In fact, sometimes the pump removes the source blocks so fast that a 3x3 pool might not keep up with regenerating them. I had a few engine explosions because of the water pool draining too fast. Had to expand to 5x5.

On the other hand, Aqueous Accumulators only require adjacency to two source blocks (from any side), do not drain them, and do not require any sort of power. So you get enough water from a 1x1x3 setup to cool down 3-4 combustion engines, as opposed to a 2x3x3 setup for the water pump (including 4 redstone engines, the pump, a water pool and some redstone signals for the engines).

Aqueous Accumulators are definitely much better than water pumps.

The water pump needs at least a 3x3 pool. If you only have 1 water source block directly under it, the pump will suck it up and not regenerate water. In fact, sometimes the pump removes the source blocks so fast that a 3x3 pool might not keep up with regenerating them. I had a few engine explosions because of the water pool draining too fast. Had to expand to 5x5.

On the other hand, Aqueous Accumulators only require adjacency to two source blocks (from any side), do not drain them, and do not require any sort of power. So you get enough water from a 1x1x3 setup to cool down 3-4 combustion engines, as opposed to a 2x3x3 setup for the water pump (including 4 redstone engines, the pump, a water pool and some redstone signals for the engines).

Aqueous Accumulators are definitely much better than water pumps.

I Think you missed te point of the Water Pump Pipe, witch only requre a total of 2 blocks 1 water source and 1 for the pipe itself. Thus allows for a extreme compact build.

again Water Pump pipe not Water pump.