Let's Test Tekkit 1.1.3!

CanVox

Hey, everyone,

I've just promoted Tekkit 1.1.3 to Latest. There are a ton of key mod updates, the update to Minecraft 1.5.2, along with several new mods! We've got Project Bench, a direct drop-in replacement for the RP2 project bench, a couple new generators, Logistics Pipes, and Simple Power Storage, by Technic's sct! SPS adds a "Makeshift Energy Cell" which can be used as an early-game alternative to the Redstone Energy Cell!

If you're interested in helping test, back up your worlds (SSP or server) and set your launcher up to use the "Latest" build, or manually select version 1.1.3. Play with us and report issues in this thread!

This is a clean slate, so even if you've already reported an issue elsewhere (including the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 threads), if it's present in 1.1.3, be sure to report it in this thread.

The 1.1.3 server can be downloaded here:http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkitmain/Tekkit_Server_v1.1.3.zip

Changelog for Tekkit 1.1.3- this is a list of all changes since 1.0.6:

- Update Forge to build 734.

- Corrected a rare crash bug in the Forge transparency fix

- Some redundant APIs were removed from the jars of the following mods, in order to reduce PermGen size: MFFS, MineFactory Reloaded, Atomic Science, and Modular Powersuits.

- Atomic Science has been tampered with using a hex editor to fix the thermometer and hazmat recipes.

- Added Project Bench version 1.7.5

- Added Atomic Science version 0.5.3.51

- Added MFFS version 3.0.2.124

- Added Open Peripheral version 0.1.5

- Added Buildcraft: Logistic Pipes version 0.7.3.6

- Added Simple Power Storage version 1.0.10

- Equivalent Exchange 3 version pre1h has had a crash bug removed

- Balkon's Weapon Mod updated to version 1.12

- bspkrsCore updated to version 2.07

- Buildcraft updated to version 3.5.3

- Chicken Chunks updated to version 1.3.2.12

- Code Chicken Core updated to version 0.8.7

- Computer Craft updated to version 1.53

- CoFH Core updated to version 1.5.2.2

- Custom LAN Ports updated to version 1.5.2

- Dimensional Anchors updated to version 55.0.1

- Equivalent Exchange 3 updated to version pre1h

- Ender Storage updated to version 1.4.2.12

- Immibis Core updated to version 55.1.2

- Iron Chests updated to version 5.2.6.412

- MineFactory Reloaded updated to version 2.6.2.924

- Mystcraft updated to version 0.10.4.00

- Not Enough Items updated to version 1.5.2.28

- Nether Ores updated to version 2.1.5.75

- Omni Tools updated to version 3.1.4.0

- OpenCCSensors updated to version 1.5.2.0

- PowerCrystals Core updated to version 1.1.6.107

- Rei's Minimap updated to version 3.3_06

- Thermal Expansion updated to version 2.4.3.0

- Applied Energistics updated to version 10.n

- Steve's Carts updated to version 2.0.0.a117

- Dimensional Doors updated to version 1.3.6.73

- Modular Powersuits updated to version 0.7.0.534

- MPS Addons updated to version 0.2.3.144

- Immibis Microblocks updated to version 55.0.1

- Backpacks updated to version 1.9.11

- Treecapitator updated to version 1.5.2.r01

- Trade Booth updated to version 0.4

- Buildcraft: Additional Pipes updated to version 2.3.0

- Galacticraft updated to version a0.1.35.309

- NEI Plugins updated to version 1.0.9.3

Hey, everyone! There were a few open bugs in the last thread. Feel free to post about them extensively!

1. There was some weirdness associated with the level emitters and some rednet stuff. This is confirmed fixed in the next version of MFR, but I'm not gonna wait on that.

2. If you're having bad performance issues, can you experiment with removing different mods and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Semi unrelated, but could you guys post incremental updates ? iow packs containing only updated files ? makes it so much easyer to upgrade server versions. (as i only have to modify those files rather than remodifying every single config file etc..)

Hi CanVox,

thanks so far :) Sorry I'm replying very delayed, but it's now 8am in Europe ;)

I'm using java 1.7u21 64bit and 32bit. The grid issue remains in 1.1.3.

Very Very weird is, that I now don't get any bluescreen, when using a clean pure tekkit install. Don't know what the differences between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 are, but they help and I finally can play without removing customlan.

I just switched to 1.1.3 and the client is very laggy/choppy relative to 1.0.6 I was naughtily playing around with the 1.1.0 server and noticed the same thing... but attributed it to the fact that it was an unfinished build. But alas... it is a very huge issue with the 1.1.3 build as well. I will start knocking off mods tomorrow to help find the culprit. Oh and I already tried optifine but to no avail.

Hi CanVox,

thanks so far :) Sorry I'm replying very delayed, but it's now 8am in Europe ;)

I'm using java 1.7u21 64bit and 32bit. The grid issue remains in 1.1.3.

Very Very weird is, that I now don't get any bluescreen, when using a clean pure tekkit install. Don't know what the differences between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 are, but they help and I finally can play without removing customlan.

What's your graphics card?

Just wanted to add to the performance issue. The memory usage goes up to ~1600Mb and goes down to 600Mb. Got a 125FPS when standing still in my house and approx 80fps when flying creative. Seems to be pretty much normal. No redstone whatsoever in this world. All settings are set to default, so no permgen increase. Also seems that Tekkit gives itself 4Gb of Ram although theres the setting for 1Gb in the launcher. I report back if anything happens.

graphics card is radeonhd 7870 1050Mhz core 1200mhz ram (factory defaults)

but as mentioned the bluescreen seems to be gone.

So for the moment there is intended to be no interface between Copper wire and TE/MJ systems correct? the wire is for crafting only atm or doing closed loop reactor to UE machine only. making sure I'm not missing some other item. other than that no issues so far.

I set up a trading booth to trade rednet cable for whatever is supposed to be copper cable "unnamed 149" i think it was. Just to get us by for the time being.

This bug is fixed in 1.1.3, so sounds like your server wasn't updated correctly.

TE multimeter is still broken.

EDIT: also anyone know if redstone conduit can pull power from the side of an atomic science turbine? it appears to make the connection thing im not sure if it can pull power, would make my builds slightly less ugly if that works.