AE Interface Question

SciFi

Hi technical types.

I am trying to setup a speedy AE smelting interface and need some advice..

Basically I have my system setup so that all inputted ore is pulverized and stored in that form. Ingots are then cooked up on demand. On a single player test world I build an AE network with an interface in the center of 4 furnaces and if I requested lots of different ingots the jobs would be run on the first free furnice on that interface.

On my multi player server world I can't get this to work, the ingot jobs seem to be run in sequence always by the same furnace.

My 'AE Server' has 4 CPU's in it.

One thing I can't find out is what the dot that appears on the interface when you wrench it is all about...

advice appreciated.

I'm not sure, but I think the Interface might input/output on all sides, unless you use the wrench on it to face it in a specific direction. Try breaking the interface and placing it again, but DON'T wrench it.

Might just need to build different interfaces and furnaces for different ores. I've got 4 or 5 different ones setup for specific items.

Actually, having done as Dash said I built a Fusion reactor via AE and it does seem to work, you just need to put enough preasure on the system.

If anything it seems like AE evaluates each step as it goes rather than saying "ok, I need 20 copper for this build" so this leads to lots of small 1's and 2's being cooked, these are so quick to process that the system rarely needs the other cookers.

If you go and order 64 units of each ingot type it will use them all.

You need to use 1 interface per furnace. The thing is, with crafting, it always does 1 job at a time, and this includes crafting using external processing devices (furnaces, pulverizers etc). Thus, one interface can only smelt 1 item at a time. Attach a separate interface to every furnace, don't be stingy with the materials.

Also, I'd suggest smelting everything right away, don't store it as dusts. The only alloys in Tekkit are invar and electrum (also, hardened glass needs lead), and those can be smelted in the induction furnace from ingots instead of dusts. Also, if you really want extra output, you can bypass the act of pulverizing completely by directly smelting metal ores in an induction smelter, with sand as secondary ingredient (just use an igneous extruder + dedicated pulverizer), which still doubles your ingots, but also gives you a bit of rich slag which you can then use to triple ore output from whatever ore you want.

@Viktor

The multi sides interface<>furnaces setup does work, if the north facing machine is busy it just tries the next one available.. Though as I said, with AE doing jobs at the macro level not batch it's not all that useful.

I went for the dust up approach because I like to watch it make things :-)

I went for the dust up approach because I like to watch it make things :-)

I take it a step further and store almost everything in raw ore for the same reason. I still need to build in a system for maintaining minimum levels of certain items, but for now am content to every once it a while drop a stack of something into something else to process into dust or ingots, for funsies.