Assembly Table and ME Interface?

weirleader

I'm finally getting a chance to really tinker around with Applied Energestics and I've gotten some basic shaped crafting patterns in place and was further able to use an ME Interface to craft some smelted items. My next job that I attempted was to have it auto-craft Redstone Golden Chipsets by placing an ME Interface adjacent to an Assembly Table and giving it the appropriate pattern, but no luck.

Is there any specific detail I need to look out for (i.e., ME Interface placement? Special Configuration?)?

You'll need a pattern made in the [[ME Pattern Encoder]] with one redstone, one gold ingot, and the output specified as a [[Redstone Golden Chipset]]. This means you'll need to first make one manually, then build the pattern and place it in the "processing" part of the Interface GUI. Then when the you request a Redstone Golden Chipset from an [[ME Access Terminal]], it should send one redstone and one gold ingot to the [[Assembly Table]]. I'm not sure what side of the table the [[interface]] needs to be, and which side you can extract from, but it may be that the Interface can also pull the finished chipset back into the network.

Can you tell I've been editing the wiki far too much? :D

You'll need a pattern made in the [[ME Pattern Encoder]] with one redstone, one gold ingot, and the output specified as a [[Redstone Golden Chipset]]. This means you'll need to first make one manually, then build the pattern and place it in the "processing" part of the Interface GUI. Then when the you request a Redstone Golden Chipset from an [[ME Access Terminal]], it should send one redstone and one gold ingot to the [[Assembly Table]]. I'm not sure what side of the table the [[interface]] needs to be, and which side you can extract from, but it may be that the Interface can also pull the finished chipset back into the network.

Can you tell I've been editing the wiki far too much? :D

Hah -- love your 'links'. Well, I already made the pattern, put it in the processing section of the Interface and dropped an ME Interface next to the Assembly Table. When I requested to Craft the item, it recognizes the pattern and lets me make a request, BUT nothing starts happening. The Assembly Table is inactive. I tried moving the ME Interface beneath the Assembly Talbe, just in case that would work, but still nothing.

I'm not so worried about the output. I had a chest next to the Assembly Table to which I attached a Basic Import Bus, and once that's working I'll try Importing without the intermediate Chest. But right now, my issue is that I just can't get the Assembly Table to activate and get pushed the materials. If I manually toss them in, it fires right up...

Try rotating the ME interface with a wrench. AFAIK, it can only output to one side at a time. That side has a different texture, but can be hard to see if there are blocks in the way.

Also, make a crafting monitor to see if your request is still active. Might give useful information to debug your issue.

Edit: also, if you get it working and want to save power, you can pipe the output from the assembly table to the interface instead of using an import bus. The interface will import them in the system as it gets it, so it saves the power from the import bus.

Finally got around to test it and got it working. The interface is indeed glitchy with the assembly table and refuses to output items directly to it. However, a workaround is to use item tesseracts between them. I'll build a quick imgur album and upload it in a few mins for the exact setup.

Edit:

Here's the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/SzgbY

I skipped 2 steps, but I guess you can figure those out. I didn't show the interface configuration (i.e. place the pattern) and I showed no way to get the items out of the assembly table. I would just place a pipe leading back to the interface for simplicity, but other methods can be used.

Finally got around to test it and got it working. The interface is indeed glitchy with the assembly table and refuses to output items directly to it. However, a workaround is to use item tesseracts between them. I'll build a quick imgur album and upload it in a few mins for the exact setup.

no idea how you came up with that idea, but brilliant! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

If you set both tesseracts to send/receive, I wonder if "receiver" tesseract will pump items into the table and then accept the output. Does this tesseract setup get the assembly table to start work automatically when the request is made through ME, or do you have to manually get the table to go?

Interesting, and thanks for the info and quick response! Do you know if it works from the bottom face of the table? For aesthetic reasons, what I'm hoping to do is have four or eight lasers with a table in the middle arranged in a 3x3 flush with the floor with the power and ME stuff hidden from view underneath it. This of course will only work if the tesseract can pull of the send/receive. I might even recess it into the floor and put a 3x3 seamless glass over it so that there's automated crafting lasers going on under my feet. I'll post some pictures if I get it working when I get a chance to play later tonight.