Compatible Mods

Mansworth

Hey guys. So me and my friends just play on my single player world that I have opened up to LAN. I noticed some online servers have MCMMO installed, I would love to add that but I'm not sure how. I downloaded bucketforge but my game won't fully load. Also tried Aether but my game wouldn't load. I'm sure I read somewhere that the mods ARE compatible, if anyone has any advice on how to add these mods to my game that would be great. Thanks.

Lol sorry. I'm kinda new to hosting "servers". I use quotations because as I said, It's just a single player game open to LAN. It seems every mod I've tried to add freezes the game on loading screen. Do I need to host an actual server to be able to add mods?

Yes and no. Don't try adding mods like Aether or MCMMO to a modpack, let alone a new one. If you freeze on the loading screen then your mods must be conflicting. And since there's already 50+ mods in Hexxit then that's very possible.

You don't need to host an actual server to add mods, but if you have mods and have your friend join you in LAN, he/she needs to have the same files.

Adding MCMMO is a little bit difficult. It is plugin for bukkit server and only for multiplayer. There is no version for singleplayer. If Hexxit is based on bukkit, then you could be able to add mcmmo by just adding mcmmo.jar into plugins directory of the server. If Hexxit is not based on bukkit, then you can only take bukkit server and try to add mods similar to Hexxit modpack. But you will have to troubleshoot everything from scratch. Still after this action, people will have to have same mods as on server.

Alright. I've found some tutorials for it but none of them are for hexxit so I'll wait until one is made. Are there any mods that I can just drop into the mod folder and run?

Any Forge compatible mod will 'work' with hexxit. Although there may be conflicts, or crashes depending on how they interact.

As an aside. Hexxit is has nothing to do with Bukkit. The only way to play Hexxit with Bukkit is to be on a server running MCPC+ or BukkitForge.

Is Mcmmo compatable with the weapons in hexxit? Such as the scythes and giant swords. Or even the custom swords you make? I'm not sure what mods they're from. I would assume they're not compatible yet. If not then I'm not even going to bother with it.

Is Mcmmo compatable with the weapons in hexxit? Such as the scythes and giant swords. Or even the custom swords you make? I'm not sure what mods they're from. I would assume they're not compatible yet. If not then I'm not even going to bother with it.

mcMMO is a bukkit plugin, I really doubt it's going to understand what custom items are swords etc.

That's too bad. Mcmmo would be a perfect for Hexxit. If there's a modlist of mods that are compatable, that I can just throw into the mod folder, that'd be great. The game comes with a ton of mods, but it's always nice having options.

That's too bad. Mcmmo would be a perfect for Hexxit. If there's a modlist of mods that are compatable, that I can just throw into the mod folder, that'd be great. The game comes with a ton of mods, but it's always nice having options.

You're looking at plugins if you are seeing mcMMO. Plugins are for Bukkit servers only. You need to go look at a Forge mod list if you want to add more options that are going to work better.

• 1 month later...

Are you asking if these are compatible with Hexxit? You're asking for quite a lot if that's the case. Aether isn't compatible with too many mods at the moment anyway.

I have a separate aether 1.5.1 folder that i plaeyed for aether. I then tried getting hexxit from the technic luancher. It seemed fine, but i couldn't break blocks! I tried playing aether and it also was glitching and crashing! Did they download into eahc other? How do i prevent this?

• 3 weeks later...

IT DOES WORK go in the menu click the little gear (options) thing in the technic launcher thing and then where it says "Memory" there will be a little arrow and you change it to 1.5 or higher because the game needs 1.5 gigs (i think it gigs but it might be megs) to run (or atleast with all those mods intalled) you will need to make higher and higher depending on how high you can get it. i am currently using aether and hexxit and it is working fine.