Cannot Remove A Modpack!

CookingMeat

This problem has been resolved, please disregard.

Looks like the simple old way worked without doing all the cmd work people told me to do.

All I needed to do was permanently delete Technic (Which deletes all mod packs and saves) and Install it back on.

I've deleted this thread due to these five reasons:

-There was no "Submit an error" forum tab the very first time I came here and decided to start posting. There was no warn topic to stop with the problem posting, they were not visible as soon as I got to the forums the very first time.

-Rude and sarcastic replies.

-The link Maxis010 gave me, I noticed that the "Submit Launcher Bug" wasen't visible on the forums to me but only on that link he gave me.

-I was aware of getting banned any moment I didn't delete this thread.

-Nobody realizes the fact that I am new and don't know all about these forums.

(IMPORTANT NOTICE! I could not find any forum tab for technical support, so I decided to post a thread on General Technic.

http://forums.technicpack.net/forums/technic-launcher-bugs-problems.10/

Scroll down more

I give permission for any administrative staff on these forums to move this thread to another topic.

They don't need your permission, and they will likely just lock it if they feel it's out of place, which it is

but they must give me a new link to it.

Oh they MUST must they?

I give anyone full permission to post a bump.

Well the rules say no one has permission to bump, lets see who wins

Problem/Question: Some long time ago I downloaded the Infamy Modern Warfare modpack for my Technic launcher. Some time later I decided to remove it but found out on the bottom of the scroll picture of this modpack still had the black bar with the white message "Loading". There is no red square with a white minus. I went to all the %appdata% and any trash you can imagine to delete this modpack. Unfortunately though, it said it had permanently deleted it but when I started the Technic launcher, the modpack was STILL there.

I will NOT remove this modpack by using WinRAR or any software. Iv'e seen professional tech gurus pull out a modpack without using software. Do not tell me to take this to my local technicianship to solve this problem; They know nothing regarding Minecraft.

WinRAR, what makes you think you need WinRAR for this, I could remove it with notepad and my delete key...or just my delete key but the notepad method is more precise

First off, launch any modpack, then check again

Second, open up this file in any txt editor

.technic\settings.yml

You should see something like this

launcher:

directory: C:\Users\someguy\AppData\Roaming\.technic

launcher:

buildNumber: 246

lastuser: someguy

lastmodpack: mymodpack

memory: 4

permgen: true

buildstream: stable

buildNumber: 253

modpacks:

mymodpack:

custom: true

directory: launcher\mymodpack

build: recommended

minecraft: 1.5.2

Find the Infamy Modern Warfare under modpacks, and delete it, but careful not to delete anything besides that

Save the file, but be ABSOLUTELY sure that it's spaced, not tabbed, yml files and tabs don't mix

And now go delete the files from the launcher directory

Now start the launcher and check again, scroll up and down a little to be sure

If all of that fails then make a list of custom modpacks you have installed, and make a backup of their worlds then delete the .technic directory

If all of the above fails then your problem is beyond the launcher

I'd knew there would be a few rude people here: "Oh they MUST must they?"

Anyways, as you say launch any modpack, what are you specifically trying to tell me? Launch a modpack... how? Do you mean select the modpack on technic launcher and play it?

I cannot launch the modpack. Error message: Error retrieving information for selected pack: infamy-modern-warfare

I said any modpack, such as Hexxit, or Tekkit, or Vanilla

This alters the lastmodpack: mymodpack line of the text as my last pack is always visible on the pack wheel until I scroll, then it returns to it's normal location

• Moderators

I've deleted this thread due to these four reasons:

I wasn't aware that a regular user had forum powers of erasing threads?

I guess I learned something new today...

I love how fast OP backpedaled :D

I actually read the post before he mass-edited.

-The link Maxis010 gave me, I noticed that the "Submit Launcher Bug" wasen't visible on the forums to me but only on that link he gave me.

I'm not sure why Maxis gave that link... Launcher Bug section is when Launcher doesn't work for an individual because of human/pc error.

You were asking about a modpack-issue, I'd say this section Platform Pagoda is correct...