Hacksaw help :)

danagor

Hello, i'm playing 1.1.5 and i made a hacksaw because a want my engine room to look nicer, so i'm trying to hide a liquiduct whit a Hollow Brick Cover but i can't place the cover... the only way i can is breaking the liquiduct, but after placing the cover where i want, i can't put the liquiduct back... can someone help me please? thanks :)

there's definitely an issue with this, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. Even with 1.0.6 I couldn't place covers on things like liquiduct, but now in 1.1.5 some items that I *could* cover (e.g., RedNet cable) are no longer covered and seem to be uncoverable (won't let me place the blocks). Which, of course, is a bit frustrating, as pipes and liquiducts and cable are exactly the things I want to cover.

That said, I don't know much about the facade blocks. Based on their recipes, I'm guessing they're really for covering pipes, but I haven't given them a try yet.

Sorry, not so much of an answer as simple commiseration. But I can verify that you're not doing anything wrong (at least, not as far as I know).

there's definitely an issue with this, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or not. Even with 1.0.6 I couldn't place covers on things like liquiduct, but now in 1.1.5 some items that I *could* cover (e.g., RedNet cable) are no longer covered and seem to be uncoverable (won't let me place the blocks). Which, of course, is a bit frustrating, as pipes and liquiducts and cable are exactly the things I want to cover.

That said, I don't know much about the facade blocks. Based on their recipes, I'm guessing they're really for covering pipes, but I haven't given them a try yet.

Sorry, not so much of an answer as simple commiseration. But I can verify that you're not doing anything wrong (at least, not as far as I know).

Well i guess that hacksaw is useless then... i don't really see any other use for covers... maybe some cosmetic stuff not involving pipes or cables... anyway thanks for the reply i hope this is not intentional, let's hope for this to work on a future update...

About thous facades... i guess they should work with BC pipes only but i'm not sure...

Well i guess that hacksaw is useless then... i don't really see any other use for covers... maybe some cosmetic stuff not involving pipes or cables... anyway thanks for the reply i hope this is not intentional, let's hope for this to work on a future update...

About thous facades... i guess they should work with BC pipes only but i'm not sure...

Facades are meant to be used with Buildcraft pipes, that's the only use I've found for them.

You can add the classes to the immibis microblocks config HOWEVER, don't do it to the RedNet cables, I did so earlier today, the covers didn't work and the cables were unbreakable (or more specifically they come back immediately but without any connections to blocks)

I use panels to cover all my pipes, works just fine for all of them.

Yeah that's what i want to do but want to use a Hollow Cover on a liquiductto make my floor look nicer...

You can add the classes to the immibis microblocks config HOWEVER, don't do it to the RedNet cables, I did so earlier today, the covers didn't work and the cables were unbreakable (or more specifically they come back immediately but without any connections to blocks)

How can i do that ??? can you guide me trough that process please :)