Nerf Quantum Armor

vidplace7

Tekkit Community,

I run a PVP anarchy server, and I have run in to a problemp, quantum armor is overpowered as hell! Running a server full of invincible people isn't good, so I need a way to "nerf" Quantum armor. Optimally, I need to be able to cut its protection in half in order to close the gap between quantum armored players, and nano/diamond armored players.

a decent solution has been to only disable the chest plate, that way people are still vulnerable. Problem balance-wise for this solution is that if you make the mistake of wearing nano armor chest plate and get attacked by a nano saber, you can get killed in about 3 hits o.O

on a bit of a side note, it is the responsibility of the tekkit modders to balance the PVP experience since they're the ones combining the mods if I'm not mistaken. Sure getting the ability to modify the damage absorbance and weapon weaknesses for PVP server admins will be the IC teams job, but balancing the rest should be up to the people combining the mods.

I've tried it out and basically even with only nano armor, the nano armor + nano saber combination owns all RM, DM weapons and armor and EE abilities. Surprisingly the only good thing to use against nano sabers beside quantum armor is plain old diamond armor...

the tekkit devs don't have any responsibility to balance PvP at all for a few reasons.

1) PvP in minecraft is an afterthought at best

2) doing so would require a lot more work and mucking about than you might think

3) they don't owe us anything, even an updated version of the pack

4) there are plenty of ways to control what is and isn't usable on a server via plugins.

if you want PvP but don't like how it is with the interactions between mods, it's not their job to fix it for you; it's your job.

the tekkit devs don't have any responsibility to balance PvP at all for a few reasons.

2) doing so would require a lot more work and mucking about than you might think

4) there are plenty of ways to control what is and isn't usable on a server via plugins.

if you want PvP but don't like how it is with the interactions between mods, it's not their job to fix it for you; it's your job.

thanks for specifying further, ill contact the people who port IC2 to bukkit for some form of damage reduction in the config :D

thanks for specifying further, ill contact the people who port IC2 to bukkit for some form of damage reduction in the config :D

Nope. you still need to go another level down. The guys who do the port are going to tell you the same thing "That's not our responsibility. We just take the mod and port it to bukkit"

If it's going to change, you'll either need to find an IC2 submod that fixes it, or get Alblaka to concede the invincibility powers.

that's fine and I"m not saying anyone "owes" us anything, but think about it this way: if it's anyone's task to balance it, it'd be the mod creators since they're the ones working with the code, etc. and they created tekkit

the amount of work is a non-argument since all that work will fall onto the server owners themselves, therefore creating fragmented tweaks and versions of so-called "tekkit", otherwise you have unbalanced pvp

Saying PvP is an afterthought is also moot since tekkit without PVP makes all the armor and weapons pretty much pointless, not to mention PVP has been around since before release. MC was released with PVP and PVP related potions and enchantment system. Anything before that was just in incomplete version of minecraft.

that's fine and I"m not saying anyone "owes" us anything, but think about it this way: if it's anyone's task to balance it, it'd be the mod creators since they're the ones working with the code, etc. and they created tekkit

the amount of work is a non-argument since all that work will fall onto the server owners themselves, therefore creating fragmented tweaks and versions of so-called "tekkit", otherwise you have unbalanced pvp

Saying PvP is an afterthought is also moot since tekkit without PVP makes all the armor and weapons pretty much pointless, not to mention PVP has been around since before release. MC was released with PVP and PVP related potions and enchantment system. Anything before that was just in incomplete version of minecraft.

Uh, what? All of those things apply just as well to PVE. they aren't arguments for PVP.

And no, it's not the technic teams responsibility to rebalance the mods. It's they're responsibility to make a modpack that they deem to be worth the time it took them. That's it. Any other tweaking, changing, editing, rebalancing, reskinning, and other changes are the responsibility of the people playing.

Uh, what? All of those things apply just as well to PVE. they aren't arguments for PVP.

And no, it's not the technic teams responsibility to rebalance the mods. It's they're responsibility to make a modpack that they deem to be worth the time it took them. That's it. Any other tweaking, changing, editing, rebalancing, reskinning, and other changes are the responsibility of the people playing.

most of that extra crap is so OP against zombies and skellies tell me, specifically, how they aren't arguments for PVP?

anyway if you want to be constructive, suggesting finding balancing mods or something to add to the pack would make sense >_>

most of that extra crap is so OP against zombies and skellies tell me, specifically, how they aren't arguments for PVP?

because minecraft is largely geared towards younger kids now, and they need all the advantages they can get. Also, zombies and skellies aren't all that's in the pack. Fucking werewolves and ogres and pirates.

anyway if you want to be constructive, suggesting finding balancing mods or something to add to the pack would make sense >_>
What part of "the responsibility of the people who are playing" didn't you get? Clearly the technic team is comfortable with how the pack is working. If YOU have a problem with it, it's YOUR responsibility to find things to fix your problems with it.

If YOU would like to be constructive, why don't YOU find the things your looking for and post them?

And that's it for this thread.

I was wrong, apparently somebody still has Big Important Things they need to get off their chest. So here's their PM, folks:

lolnazi.png

This is my gift to the community, I will no longer participate in this thread, it now belongs to All of YOU