Vanilla slimes

leandre_b

Playing the current recommended version of Hexxit and can only find the Tinkers Construct blue slimes. Never the vanilla green ones. Yet, most recipes still only use the green one.

Are they completely disabled? At least is there a way to convert blue to green slime somehow?

Green slimes seem to spawn far less often, but I still see them occasionally in swamp biomes. I don't know of a way to covert the blue slime drops into green slime, that would be nice.

Great way to get slimeballs is to find labirynth in the Twilight Forest. Full of Maze Slimes and Slime Beetles. Both drop vanilla slime balls. I got over 6 stacks of them after clearing both floors of the labirynth.

Green slimes seem to spawn far less often, but I still see them occasionally in swamp biomes. I don't know of a way to covert the blue slime drops into green slime, that would be nice.

AFAIK, Blue slimeballs can be used as regular slimeballs can.

Also: Are they safe to eat? I think I remember something about blue slimes and eating the blue slimeballs.

AFAIK, Blue slimeballs can be used as regular slimeballs can.

Also: Are they safe to eat? I think I remember something about blue slimes and eating the blue slimeballs.

Huh, so it can. Thanks for the heads up!

I've had an issue with that,actually.Could never use a blue slimeball to make the Xeno's Reliquary handgun,tried on single and multiplayer,and forge's ore dictionary cleary has an issue with it.Don't recall many other issues,though.

• 2 weeks later...

You can convert them.

1. Make a Diamond Sledge

2. Make as many Pistons as you have Blue Slime

3. Make all the Pistons into Sticky Pistons using the Blue Slime

4. Place your Sticky Pistons

5. Break the Sticky Pistons with your Diamond Sledge

~80% of your Blue Slime will have converted into Slimeballs. ~20% of your Blue Slime will disappear.

It's worth it though :D

You can convert them.

1. Make a Diamond Sledge

2. Make as many Pistons as you have Blue Slime

3. Make all the Pistons into Sticky Pistons using the Blue Slime

4. Place your Sticky Pistons

5. Break the Sticky Pistons with your Diamond Sledge

~80% of your Blue Slime will have converted into Slimeballs. ~20% of your Blue Slime will disappear.

It's worth it though :D

GENIUS. Thanks for this!

Or you can use a Forge Lexicon if it's installed. It's mainly used to tap into the Forge Ore Library and allow conversions between various items if there are incompatibilities in recipes.