Buying a new PC

Hey, since I'm about to go follow a study of nature physics, biology and Ancient greek and Latin, my dad has promised to buy me a desktop to my wishes. So far I've selected these two things:

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/acer-aspire-x3470-desktop/9200000011521204/#

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/samsung-s24b150bl-monitor/9000000012438533/

May be in dutch, but look at the specs below. Good? I was trying to get any Win7 desktops, but almost every is with Win8. Thought it'd not work with any games, but people keep telling me that Win8 is waay better. So, can I run my Steam games off of Win8 and Minecraft too?

One of the pro's of choosing Win8 is, that none of my family members will understand HOW to use it. They'll only be able to use the regular Start menu. So that means that I don't have to fear that one of my family members installs a stupid game.

So, thoughts on this?

*Sigh*

All programs compatible with Windows 7, Vista, or even XP will run fine on Windows 8. Java 7 supports Windows 8 officially. All AMD, Intel, and Nvidia drivers have expanded to Support Windows 8 officially. Windows 8 showed performence improvments at release. This is before drivers and games were updated to actually support the new types of hardware acceleration and .net framework 4.5, etc.

I would suggest building one. Give me a budget and ill bring back a list of parts that are the best you can buy with money.

Uh... where does the red thingee go again? J/k. :D

If I can do it, so can you. Just do your research, make sure Tab A has the proper Slot B to go into, and that it has adequate power for now and future hardware installations. I do this every time something decides it's a good time to fail every three-four years.

Uh... where does the red thingee go again? J/k. :D

If I can do it, so can you. Just do your research, make sure Tab A has the proper Slot B to go into, and that it has adequate power for now and future hardware installations. I do this every time something decides it's a good time to fail every three-four years.

Well if I had a budget I can make sure he has a PSU that'll last a while and cover his current requirments. He could get it built at someone's if he doubts hes able to do it himself.

You have to set gta4browser.exe

Gtaencoder.exe

And

Gtaiv.exe

To launch in compatibility mode for Vista.

Regular, or service pack 1 or 2?

Edit: I set it to just Windows Vista (no service pack) and am still getting the SecuLauncher error.

Tried both service packs, still getting error.

IyKHXCp.jpg

If you can do this. You can build a pc.

Windows 8 will have no issue runnig you apps and games. Older games that came out during the time of XP will need go be patched to at least Vista.

Is it literally that easy?

You also have go soak your body in white vinegar. Don't forget that

And do it where a bunch of old people are watching. Because, uh, they asorb negative ions which can otherwise corrode the contacts! Yeah!

Ok. ^_^

So, what is the best computer you would get (completely from scratch) for about USD 500?

So a 7770 and i5 3570K would bring you to about 300 bucks. That leaves you 200 to spend on other components.

Do you have a monitor, mouse/keyboard, hard drive, etc?

So a 7770 and i5 3570K would bring you to about 300 bucks. That leaves you 200 to spend on other components.

Do you have a monitor, mouse/keyboard, hard drive, etc?

I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard I could use. Nothing else.

This is purely hypothetical, I'm not planning (more hoping. :P) on a new machine in the near future.

I have a monitor, mouse, and keyboard I could use. Nothing else.

This is purely hypothetical, I'm not planning (more hoping. :P) on a new machine in the near future.

Okay I'll work on the other components when I get home.

Maybe some other members can bring out their own list of parts and we can tweak a bit here and there to hook you up with a nice computer.