Need Help with Server

Kursed

So me and my friends made a private server for ourselves, and everything was perfect till we attempted to make non-vanilla items, like backpacks for example. Basically when we tried to take the item out of the crafting bench it would just move back and not allow us to take it. Please Help

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running it off of technic launcher if that's what your wondering. The issue I have been capable of identifying when I went into creative and tried to obtain one of the non-vanilla items and the game stated that the item id does not exist, although it clearly displayed it. The server I am running is identical to the one I was running in tekkit this probably being the primary issue, so I assume that I must delete the current world and start a completely new one although I have no idea how.

I'm running it off of technic launcher if that's what your wondering. The issue I have been capable of identifying when I went into creative and tried to obtain one of the non-vanilla items and the game stated that the item id does not exist, although it clearly displayed it. The server I am running is identical to the one I was running in tekkit this probably being the primary issue, so I assume that I must delete the current world and start a completely new one although I have no idea how.

Are you sure your not running a vannila server. You have to download the server files off technic.

What do you mean by it being identical to the tekkit one?

So First I download the tekkit server from the web site and set it up and me and my friend played on it for a little, but got bored quickly. Then I download the hexxit server and we played on it and everything was identical to the tekkit server, we even had the items we left the tekkit server with it.

So First I download the tekkit server from the best site and set it up and me and my friend played on it for a little, but got bored quickly, I left that server. Then I download the hexxit server and we played on it and everything was identical to the tekkit server, we even had the items we left the tekkit server with it.

So stuff like quarrys, pipes, wrenches, etc you have on your hexxit server?

No not exactly what I am saying is the world where we spawned and everything such as the vanilla items from the tekkit server is identical to what we have in the hexxit, no tekkit items are in our hexxit server.

What I assume has happen is the server remember the item ids of the tekkit server and therefore it is not allowing hexxit server ids to function so i am wondering how do I completely delete the server and start over in it. So instead of function according to tekkit ids for it to function according to hexxit item ids and mods.

What I assume has happen is the server remember the item ids of the tekkit server and therefore it is not allowing hexxit server ids to function so i am wondering how do I completely delete the server and start over in it. So instead of function according to tekkit ids for it to function according to hexxit item ids and mods.

Do you want to keep your world save?

This is what you need to do. install MCPC+ from the download page. Then take out (Hexxit.jar) and replace it with the MCPC+ jar file. Now once youve done that rename the MCPC+ jar file to (Hexxit) then run your server. this should solve your problem and generate a Plugins folder to allow you to put in plugins :P

Here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/hexxit/Hexxit_Server_v1.0.1.zip

This is what you need to do. install MCPC+ from the download page. Then take out (Hexxit.jar) and replace it with the MCPC+ jar file. Now once youve done that rename the MCPC+ jar file to (Hexxit) then run your server. this should solve your problem and generate a Plugins folder to allow you to put in plugins :P

He's not trying to get plugins...

I download what you told me to and I started up the server, jumped on hexxit and logged into the server and its identical to the other one i had earlier, and non of the hexxit mod items work still.

I download what you told me to and I started up the server, jumped on hexxit and logged into the server and its identical to the other one i had earlier, and non of the hexxit mod items work still.

Are you making any changes to the files other then Server.properties?

Try resetting the pack from the client side. I doubt its the server since this is directly from technic.

I run a few different versions of Minecraft. I run them on a pc that is just for that. I have a different folder for each flavor and will run the one we want at that time.

Have you tried creating a new folder and dropping the files from the download and running it from there?