Posting bugs for other modpacks

ShadowHall

We do not support custom modpacks, mainly because we didn't have a hand in making them. All technic does is give an easy way for people to list and install them.

It's like asking google support to help with your facebook account.

I don't see why the admins should stop smaller packs from using a perfectly viable solution just because a few higher popularity packs try to get away with using it too.

If you can't get a pack because dropbox isn't working for them, try another pack.

But what if that's the only pack that's there for it or if that's the only pack of it that works

take for example pixelmon 1.5.1 epic edition. there are many many packs with it that revolve around it but they're barely rated or don't work right. plus what about these packs that you get it downloaded but it won't download all the files because of dropbox getting in the way

it's not just pixelmon it's alot of highly rated packs that have this issue if you look at the discussion on the popular mod packs. A lot of people are complaining (including me) about dropbox not letting them just download the files to start up the modpack.

that's why i don't understand why people use the dropbox twebsite to host files and stuff. It's a annoying and not worth it because of the file ban and disable that happens with high traffic.
And I don't understand why you're trying to force your opinion of dropbox on everyone else.

that's why i don't understand why people use the dropbox twebsite to host files and stuff. It's a annoying and not worth it because of the file ban and disable that happens with high traffic.

Because it's free, and everyone knows Dropbox, but primarily, because it's free

i'm not. I just don't understand why people use it. And when people are constantly trying to get really cool and popular modpacks constantly complaining they can't because of dropbox, it shows that there needs to be a change but i haven't seen any changes on the modpack authors part so people CAN download it.

i'm not. I just don't understand why people use it. And when people are constantly trying to get really cool and popular modpacks constantly complaining they can't because of dropbox, it shows that there needs to be a change but i haven't seen any changes on the modpack authors part so people CAN download it.

What do you expect the Technic team to do about it? Their not going to force authors to use a different host.

Then create your own competing modpack and host it how you believe is correct.

If the issue is as bad as you claim then those popular modpacks will die quickly since no one can even get the pack.

Again, it's free, those authors can not receive payment for putting their platforms, it's against the rules

So if cash earned = 0, then cash paid will 9 times out of 10 will be 0

Then create your own competing modpack and host it how you believe is correct.

If the issue is as bad as you claim then those popular modpacks will die quickly since no one can even get the pack.

If he's competent enough to figure it out.

and to be honest from looking at many discussion pages the only packs that don't have as many issue is the ones technic itself is responsible for. i just feel something needs to be done or looked at because i'm seeing way to many complaints.

If he's competent enough to figure it out.

i know how to make a modpack BUT i have been told by many modpackers that you have to get specific permission from the author of the mod to make a pack with it. This is due to the fact of mods not being compatible with other mods and you need to let them know which other mods you have with it. Plus it's also due to usage permissions.

Then clearly you haven't looked around that much

I for one host a pack on my web server, bandwidth cap is 100 tb and I will NEVER reach that with the throughput I have

And I highly doubt that over 1000 packs all use dropbox

In fact I can guarantee it because there are packs out there using Solder, which requires a webserver

EDIT: Second most popular pack uses Solder

i know how to make a modpack BUT i have been told by many modpackers that you have to get specific permission from the author of the mod to make a pack with it.

75 percent of mod creators just want you to link them or mention their name. 15 percent will give you permissions if you ask. The rest are douchebags who's mods don't deserve to be in a modpack. *Cough*Forestry*Cough*