Posting bugs for other modpacks

ShadowHall

people use dropbox for 2 reasons:

1) it's free. you don't need mommy's credit card to get a dropbox account.

2) it's easy (mostly). the people making these packs are not computer gurus, they hardly know what they're doing most of the time when it comes to technical stuff.

chances are, they don't even realize that dropbox has a limit and even if they do, there's little they can do about it because file hosting without low bandwidth caps generally costs some amount of money (it's actually not much, but if you're <18 with no credit/debit card it may as well be $5 million).

this isn't a problem with technic. when you open the flood gates like the platform does, you are inevitably going to get a lot of chaff along with the wheat. if you want a reliable and stable modpack experience, use an official technic pack. anything else and you are at the mercy of whoever authored the pack. what I get out of your posts is that you want a very specific pack to work, and you want the technic team to fix it so that it does because clearly, if you want it badly enough they are required to do something about it. I'm sorry, it does not work that way.

people use dropbox for 2 reasons:

1) it's free. you don't need mommy's credit card to get a dropbox account.

2) it's easy (mostly). the people making these packs are not computer gurus, they hardly know what they're doing most of the time when it comes to technical stuff.

chances are, they don't even realize that dropbox has a limit and even if they do, there's little they can do about it because file hosting without low bandwidth caps generally costs some amount of money (it's actually not much, but if you're <18 with no credit/debit card it may as well be $5 million).

this isn't a problem with technic. when you open the flood gates like the platform does, you are inevitably going to get a lot of chaff along with the wheat. if you want a reliable and stable modpack experience, use an official technic pack. anything else and you are at the mercy of whoever authored the pack. what I get out of your posts is that you want a very specific pack to work, and you want the technic team to fix it so that it does because clearly, if you want it badly enough they are required to do something about it. I'm sorry, it does not work that way.

yes i do want packs to work so anyone can use them without having issues with downloading them BUT ftb and technic are the only two modpack launchers that i see and ftb requires you get permission not matter what mods you get for the pack. in my honest truthful opinion somethings needs to be done so that there are not as many complaints as i'm seeing. I'm not saying technic is responsible for maknig the change but at least say something to the author like, "hey i see your modpack has a lot of complaints over this issue could you please do something about it."

something like that. It's easy, it's simple, and if the person doesn't want to change it and the complaints still go on then that person doesn't really need or deserve to have their modpack out there unless they can make it to where there is no issue with downloading it.

• Forum Administrators

"hey i see your modpack has a lot of complaints over this issue could you please do something about it."

120,000 custom modpacks on Platform right now. How do you propose we patrol this and make sure people are using their hosting solutions properly?

yes i do want packs to work so anyone can use them without having issues with downloading them BUT ftb and technic are the only two modpack launchers that i see and ftb requires you get permission not matter what mods you get for the pack. in my honest truthful opinion somethings needs to be done so that there are not as many complaints as i'm seeing. I'm not saying technic is responsible for maknig the change but at least say something to the author like, "hey i see your modpack has a lot of complaints over this issue could you please do something about it."

something like that. It's easy, it's simple, and if the person doesn't want to change it and the complaints still go on then that person doesn't really need or deserve to have their modpack out there unless they can make it to where there is no issue with downloading it.

it isn't easy, and it isn't simple. it's easy to say, not easy to do. tell me, would you like to dig through tens of thousands of platform packs and check to see if they have "too many complaints"? how many is too many? 1? 15? 3? what if it's not all complaints? what if it's only +2? do you have that kind of free time? none of us do, that's for sure.

let me give you an example that's relevant: server posts. certain server sections are moderated with strictly enforced post guidelines. all posts made are hidden until approved/rejected by a moderator/admin at which point they either show up or get deleted. we get tons of these every single day. you want to know how soul sucking it is to clear that queue? extremely. what you are asking is much worse than even that. you are asking a bunch of people who get no pay and are doing what they're doing purely out of passion for the game to undertake a herculean effort on top of what they already do.

you want to talk about this "issue", this is us talking about it. the complaints you see are not related to the technic packs or anyone who does anything for technic. there will be no QA for platform packs, even if you see 100 times more complaints. you have a very, VERY narrow view of the issue and absolutely no perspective. congratulations, we've had your discussion.

• 4 weeks later...

75 percent of mod creators just want you to link them or mention their name. 15 percent will give you permissions if you ask. The rest are douchebags who's mods don't deserve to be in a modpack. *Cough*Forestry*Cough*

Clearly you don't know what your talking about.

Mod Packs: You are free to add Forestry to your modpack and redistribute it, as long as the modpack is strictly non-profit and none of the other mods are included against their license. Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like. Don't expect me to play tech support for your modpack though. (Applies to 2.0.0.6+ and later.)

You weren't here when Sengir added code specifically targeted at Technic where it made playing with Forestry beekeeping completely impossibly.

That makes him a douchebag whose mod doesn't deserve to be in a modpack.

Mod Packs: You are free to add Forestry to your modpack and redistribute it, as long as the modpack is strictly non-profit and none of the other mods are included against their license. Yes, this even applies to packs made by people I don't like. Don't expect me to play tech support for your modpack though. (Applies to 2.0.0.6+ and later.)

Did you seriously necro a thread to say this?