Why I Think Tinkers Construct should be a part of Tekkit

dwwojcik

Tools:

As we all know, the selection of tools in Tekkit is kind of slim. Vanilla, Invar, and MPS. Besides, how cool is it to be able to design your own tools? It's like a lower tech Power Armor Gauntlet, but 100x more customizable. There are also unique tools such as the frying pan and hammer.

The Smeltery:

Not everything in Tekkit has to be super high tech rockets and computers. I know that this is the theme of Tekkit, but it doesn't have to be limited to just that. Tekkit is about industrializing and automating your Minecraft, I can't think of anything more industrial than a huge brick structure full of lava and molten metal pouring out of faucets.

More Building Blocks:

They never hurt anybody.

Tinkers Construct doesn't quite fit the feel of Tekkit, but nether does EE3 for example. Spaceships! Technology! Machines! Alchemy? I don't think it's too big of a deal to make another exception if it improves the gameplay.

Mek may be coming back in a future update, in early testing of 1.5.2 version we had mek for a bit but there was some things that didn't work right yet so can is waiting to put it in, and I know i have seen some liquid storage mods, but I don't remember what they were.

I agree with all of you. Seriously.

I wonder if Tekkit just has to few mods to tinker with.

- I have a MFR farm for animals and plans. I use the animals for food and leather for books for Mystcraft.

- I mine in Mystcraft with quarry's and use the plants for my biofuel reactor. As I am using lava with liquid tesseracts and a Steve's Carts cart (with a tree cutter and turning the wood into charcoal) for power generation which I hold in redstone energy cells.

- I am wearing a full powersuit set with jet capability, which is created with AE.

- Got a dimensional door the the closest village (2km away :'( )

- I have been to the moon, and got cheese.

This all within a month of evening playing. Now I am just tweaking and tinkering.

Am I forgetting something important?

I don't know much about which mod's are allowed in this pack, but things like Tinkers Construct or Forrestry (bees?) or whatever just makes it that more challenging.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pack and have played it with much pleasure, but I am getting bored quickly now.

Forestry would be nice- More power gen, a different type of automatic farm, bees are a less OP UU matter, Direwolf20 always uses it and I feel left out because I play Tekkit not FTB, MOAR TREES!!!!!, etc.

Unfortunately as many of you know Sengir has been quite a jerk to us in the past and I doubt we will ever see it in any packs....

We NEED a multiblock tank, that is for sure. Unfortunately the only 2 I can think of are Railcraft (No chance.) and XYcraft. (Probably not, It isn't even finished updating to 1.5 yet)

As for Mekanism, it is a cool mod, but I believe it was removed intentionally as Tekkit is intended to be a Buildcraft themed pack.

I would definitely like for Tinker's construct to be in Tekkit, mostly because the selection of tools in tekkit is very slim. Have any of you checked out the tier two tools from tinker's? They are very cool.

Since we have atomic science now, I think that mekanism and Electric Expansion should be added. Mekanism has some very interesting power generation for early game and a very good ore tripling setup with very fast and powerful machines. Electric Expansion needs to be added because in recent versions of atomic science, there are new defaults in the config for power generation. In other words, turbines have been severely buffed and are now very powerful. So powerful, in fact, that conduits will not be able to harness all that power and we will need Electric Expansion superconductors.

At this point you guys should all know forestry's status, if you want it you are gonna have to add it yourself. Again we will most likely be getting mek in a future update, but don't expect it too soon, not sure what you mean about turbines being buffed, have latest atomic science, not seeing too much of a change from what I was getting before. TC adds some things that seem very broken, and where the mod is heading is a bit antithetical to tekkit, I like TC but I just don't see it happening. also oreberries op.

The newest version of atomic science has new defaults in the config file. In this version of tekkit, turbine output ratio, or whatever it is called, is 4.5 in the config file. If you delete that old config file and let a new config file generate, it should be 30. Again, that is with the newest version of atomic science for 1.5.2.

You do realize the tekkit team can edit the config anytime?

Yes...

Just saying that the defaults are different in the newest update. And there have been a few other changes as well, such as buffs to fulmination power. And editing the configs for more power feels a bit cheaty to me. Having them edited by the mod author, not so much.

Forestry would be nice- More power gen, a different type of automatic farm, bees are a less OP UU matter, Direwolf20 always uses it and I feel left out because I play Tekkit not FTB, MOAR TREES!!!!!, etc.

Unfortunately as many of you know Sengir has been quite a jerk to us in the past and I doubt we will ever see it in any packs....

We NEED a multiblock tank, that is for sure. Unfortunately the only 2 I can think of are Railcraft (No chance.) and XYcraft. (Probably not, It isn't even finished updating to 1.5 yet)

As for Mekanism, it is a cool mod, but I believe it was removed intentionally as Tekkit is intended to be a Buildcraft themed pack.

I believe there is a mod somewhere out there that just adds multiblock tanks. I think it's called the dynamic tank mod, but I haven't played with it at all.