Problem with Soul Shards mod

Adm.Venge

I know there is a Hexxit Bug Forum, but the Technic forum tells me I dont have the proper permissions to post there. So... posting here by default.

I am running a Hexxit Server and the Soul Shards dont seem to be working properly. Right clicking a Soul Shard on a Soul Cage does nothing. The Soul Shard was Tier 3. I went to the mod creator's page, but it seems he isnt updating it anymore (the developer of Xeno's Reliquary will be updating it in the future).

I would check to see if the mod is configured correctly, but I am not sure where to look or even what the settings should be. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: After some testing, it seems this problem is with Endermen Soul Shards. Zombie and Skeleton Soul Shards work as they should. Have not tested any other Shard types yet.

Works perfectly fine on my server's spawner.

Make sure you have enough room to spawn the endermen in, keep in mind that endermen are exceptionally tall and spawners by default look for a 9 x 9 x 2 region for valid spawn points. If the roof isn't tall enough to support the placement of the ~3 block high endermen, it won't work.

Keep in mind that Tier 3 spawners can only spawn mobs that come natural in the environment.

Endermen only spawn in 'The End' naturally, according to the original Soul Shard mod's lore.

You would need at least a Tier 4 or Tier 5 shard to use it succesfully, and even then I'd advise against using a tier 4 spawner as it would continuelessly spawn Endermen.

Thank you, David_Wolfe. I'll let the player know.

Thanks for pointing out the Bug Forum form, Joker2040. I'll use that if I have any issues in the future.

There seem to be a couple of Hexxit wikis. My players directed me to this one: http://hexxit.wikia.com/wiki/Hexxit_Wiki. Going to check the technic one Dash16 linked before I post any other issues. Thanks again for all your help.