[REQUEST]PlanesMod

BastiDE

are you shitting me? you should be very happy with what you have, you flag it as a request then come across as if your paying these guys $900 a week, when your not

give them time, if you haven't noticed yet they have really good taste, and they seem to be pretty decent programers, so they know what wont and what will work in the context of there package

Marine read it before you post, he wasn't orderign them to do anything! The [Request] flag only backs that point up more, anyway on topic:

I don't think we need the planes mod, they're kinda unbalanced since they don't use fuel zepllins are more balanced though :P

Marine read it before you post, he wasn't orderign them to do anything! The [Request] flag only backs that point up more, anyway on topic:

I don't think we need the planes mod, they're kinda unbalanced since they don't use fuel zepllins are more balanced though :P

yes its not needed, but a nice addition. Makes fun to fly :D

Would've been really fun if Tekkit had a mod that added flying vehicles; but then again, I did make the request for the planes mod and it was ignored so I'm not sure what to think. Either way, I think it's too late to request a new mod now. Would be good tho.

I remember reading about that, they intended to add it. But flan was having some issues on making it work with forge or something...?

Planes mod would a totally awesome addittion though, especially if they are gonna make BC fuel compatible with it, allowing planes to use fuel rather then coal.

I would definitely prefer it over the zepelin mod, even though it's a cool mod, it uses no fuel, and is not realistic.

Also, which Zeppelin mod ? The one that features minecarts with hot air balloons or the one that lets you turn any structure into a movable one. Because if it's the the latter I must heartily disagree in terms of originality and creativity. If only it weren't so crashy ... and for multiplayer ...

I actually really like the flans plane mod (mostly because areal combat is so fun), but it's been said a hundred times before, it is not currently compatible. if Flan ever moves it to forge, then there's a chance, but until then, speculation isn't worthwhile.

How does that make any sense? I was talking about The tekkit guys being busy not his nationality.

why does saying he acts like a boss makes sense? English by the looks of it isn't his native language. Making it pretty difficult to put emotion behind text, basically what he says is that he would like the planes mod to be added... that's why there is [REQUEST] in the topic title.

Germany, one of the fellow few countries in Europe that didn't screw up (yet)... Hey neighbour :P

Ok back on topic now:

planes mod would be super awesome, but is not possible at this moment. Perhaps in a further stage of the mod it will be possible. But it's up to the technic crew to decide if wether they put it in or not. It would be cool, but probably rather difficult.

Who Makes Planes mod, I have been brushing up on my Java So adding a BC fuel Tie with the mod might be possible IF i can get permissions from the mod maker. i am not a part of technik crew and am not making a bid to be one but if this is something that people want i tend to agree I for what ever reason dont like zeppelins. I prefer something like airplanes. Airship was cool at first but its slow and just lost its new factor quickly Planes and helicopters would be cool. Maybe expand to make a Chinook style helo after i get some skill with it. may need some help with models.

Who Makes Planes mod, I have been brushing up on my Java So adding a BC fuel Tie with the mod might be possible IF i can get permissions from the mod maker. i am not a part of technik crew and am not making a bid to be one but if this is something that people want i tend to agree I for what ever reason dont like zeppelins. I prefer something like airplanes. Airship was cool at first but its slow and just lost its new factor quickly Planes and helicopters would be cool. Maybe expand to make a Chinook style helo after i get some skill with it. may need some help with models.

I like the Zeppelins mod, for things like turntables, moving platforms, and boats, but i think planes are better sky travel.

As for working with and updating the mod, If you can manage it and want the plane mod in Technic, the best thing you can do, is port it to Forge.

I like the Zeppelins mod, for things like turntables, moving platforms, and boats, but i think planes are better sky travel.

As for working with and updating the mod, If you can manage it and want the plane mod in Technic, the best thing you can do, is port it to Forge.

Ok i can agree with that. This will be my first attempt so time is going to beat me senseless but any help is appreciated ill look in to what is needed to port it over. honestly for a time i wanted to do something similar with zeppelin. Just a heads up i WILL be waiting for the 1.2 patch to hit technic as I am going to require that 4096 Block limit(not to use all but just have breathing room) If anyone is capable of assissting me in the port over Email me and We can get started other wise ill start on my days off Monday - wendsday and part of Thursday this week.