How to remove this program

Mongoose

Guyss, hi!

Can you tell me how to delete a program called System Check. It sends me strange messages and pop up notifications and to be honest I don't think it is a real program. I am not sure what it does exactly, but I surely want to remove it.

I tried through Control Panel and I also searched for an uninstall icon, but no luck.

I have windows 7 on my PC(if it is at any importance).

Thank you!!

Hi, all.

Richs_Yard, when I searched for more info about it, it turned out to be a rouge program. It says here http://www.americanpendulum.com/en/2012/03/26/remove-system-check/ that it also tries to stop other programs from working properly (that explains all the trouble these days..)

Neowulf, all kinds of them. Critical errors, Hardware Problems, Warnings that my system is corrupted..

Industrial Miner, I am not good with dealing with computers, I have basic knowledge and I tried to do the thing you said about the processes, but sadly I have no idea how to recognize which is which.. I just stared at the task manager and couldn't figure it out.

But luckily I fond a lot of info on how to remove it and I followed the steps shown here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-check

I hope I did fine and that this infection is gone. Thank you all for helping me :)

Neowulf, all kinds of them. Critical errors, Hardware Problems, Warnings that my system is corrupted..

FYI, that's the first indication an error is bogus. Software helpfully telling you your harddrive has failed is like a 5 year old helpfully telling you her 9 month old sister is the one who stole the oreos from the kitchen counter, the ones you didn't know were missing.

Yes, that analogy does come from personal experience...

I was gonna write a number of helpful tips for dealing with such stuff, but it seems like the link you yourself found details most if not all of them - such as using Safe Mode, downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc. Just take those steps as part of your experience, it will be far easier to deal with this stuff later on.