Help with Chunk loaders please!

CharlieChop

hello guys, ive been having some trouble at the server ive been playing on. a while ago i made some large storage tanks out of liquid managers (12k buckets). the problem arises when i log off or leave my base.

As we all know the base should unload and stop working, but it doesnt. before you ask, im not using ANY dim anchors, or chunk loaders for that matter. Even though none are placed when i come back my entire storage, all 12k buckets, are GONE, in just a matter of hours. i also notice some other issues as oak saplings and pumpkins dying of off my farms for no apparent reason. as an example i had over 2000 saplings last time i checked, and when i came back even my farm was out of saplings to plant.

my question is, are there any other blocks in the game that work as Dim anchors? i know quarries do, but are there any others?

its really pissing me off that every time i log off and go to sleep i know that the next day im going to spend at least 30 mins fixing my farm and waiting till i have the minimum amount of saplings before starting to get more biofuel, not to mention filling up 12k buckets.

One bucket of Biofuel = 1333 MJ. If you're breezing through 12,000 buckets of Biofuel, that's like 16 million MJ overnight going through your Biofuel Generators. That's an insane amount of power... what in the world is eating all that?

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but if you press F9, you can see chunks. I tried this, and the block keeping my base loaded lit up blue and I could see it through walls. I'm not sure what all blocks that detects, but maybe that will help.

What if you log off for only a few minutes? Is everything still gone, or is it partially drained? If you can show us pictures, perhaps someone can see something out of the ordinary.

Also, Biofuel is 16 MJ/t for 10000 t. That's 160000 MJ per bucket, processing one bucket every 8m20s per generator. It would take over two months of non stop power drain for one generator to consume all that fuel.

What if you log off for only a few minutes? Is everything still gone, or is it partially drained? If you can show us pictures, perhaps someone can see something out of the ordinary.

Also, Biofuel is 16 MJ/t for 10000 t. That's 160000 MJ per bucket, processing one bucket every 8m20s per generator. It would take over two months of non stop power drain for one generator to consume all that fuel.

Just curious, where did you get the 10000 ticks?

NEI shows the energy production value for most fuels in the interface when you hover over it. () If you watch a Biofuel Generators GUI as it's working, you can see it consume 1 mB every half second (10 ticks), producing 160MJ each.

Cool, learn something new every day. I got the other value from a wiki, guess that's wrong.

Either way, that's way too much power to be going through....

No one is taking my resources since im using a private freq in my biofuel tesseract.

i have 288 generators. so the fuel wont last that long without supervision.

also, ive been watching and as gildan said, checked for chunk loaders. none was present. as of a result i see that every now and then my generators have to produce energy for some reason, i shut down the biofuel intake and even though the tesseract connected to the generators is offline (all of them) my generators have to replace some loss every now and then. apparently everytime the server loads the chunks the conduits have to be filled with energy. even though this happens it should not be enought to empty 12k buckets in one night.....specially since no one is online at those times.