sphax texture pack issue with 1.1.8

mrcavallol

hello - I can no longer use this texture pack with 1.1.8 - my framerate drops to about 1fps - when I change to default the game runs smoothly. also my lava texture is now simply white.

anyone else having issues with this texture pack since update? id really love to use it.

thanks.

hmmm - i am confused then. i have just done a test - copied my entire tekkit folder and taken it to work and put it on my laptop. now it is a pretty powerful laptop, but nothing like the specs i have at home - and it runs fine. a slight drop in fps with the 64 bit sphax textures - but still playable.

what on earth could be causing this? my machine at home is clean, has only games installed and still runs witcher 2, tropico 4, skyrim, far cry 3, etc. at max settings without breaking a sweat.

i dont understand exactly how minecraft can be so resource hungry - ie i dont really fully understand the mechanics - so is there something i can try to make it run better on my more powerful machine? clearly something is causing a bottle neck.

i'd really appreciate any advice.

thanks.

ok - after a bit of research i can only conclude that MC is simply not registering my graphics card. i do remember one option last night - fancy fog - not allowing me to select it - and i know for sure my GPU supports it.

i will have a look at this when i get home - but this certainly seems to be a good possibility.

hello - I can no longer use this texture pack with 1.1.8 - my framerate drops to about 1fps - when I change to default the game runs smoothly. also my lava texture is now simply white.

anyone else having issues with this texture pack since update? id really love to use it.

thanks.

changing the texture pack with the client running creates problems. every time you change that make sure you restart the client. as for the problems with the sphax.....are you using optifine? optifine just doesnt work well with tekkit. the last version i tried made all the liquids clip through their containers....

if that doesnt work try a clean install of the sphax and reset the client.

if that doesnt work i dont know what else XS

• 2 weeks later...

changing the texture pack with the client running creates problems. every time you change that make sure you restart the client. as for the problems with the sphax.....are you using optifine? optifine just doesnt work well with tekkit. the last version i tried made all the liquids clip through their containers....

if that doesnt work try a clean install of the sphax and reset the client.

if that doesnt work i dont know what else XS

hi - yeah i do use optifine - i just like too many of the settings it introduces. i do get a little clipping with containers but not enough to bother me.

seems i did have to force java to use my gpu and now the game is running smoothly with barely a framedrop. also the sphax texturepack is working just fine and looks amazing - i just couldnt play minecraft any other way.

thanks.