Optifine strangeness

MisterCrow

Hi,

Got my Tekkit server up and running well. However, because my computer's a few years old I decided to install Optifine to increase FPS. It's installed correctly and works fine.

However, when I turn my computer on and join my server I get between 80 - 150 FPS. Then if I exit Tekkit and then fire it up again, my framerate will not get above around 50 FPS and is noticeably slower (20 FPS or so in busy areas). Optifine is still running, but I won't get a decent FPS again until I restart my system. Anyone else have this problem?

My Rig:

Intel i3 2.93Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 (with latest drivers)

4GB RAM

Java v7 update 25 (x64) (i removed the 32 bit version to see if that worked)

Win 7 Pro x64

I've tried the playing with the AdvancedGL setting thing in the Minecraft menu and turned off "Threaded Optimisation" in Nvidia control panel, both had no effect.

It seems to me that something is stuck in a temporary cache somewhere or in the RAM; is there a Java cache somewhere that I can empty?

Thanks

Nope but I get another problem. My Powerfist tools icons doesnt show above the fist. Instead I get a blank icon on all my tools so I dont know what tool Im using atm.

To fix the rendering problem for MPS when useing Optifine, find the config file "mmmPowersuits.cfg" and scroll to the line that says "Use Custom Font Engine" and set it to =false

Part of the code you should look for in "mmmPowersuits.cfg":)

####################

# font

####################

font {

B:"Font Anti-Aliasing"=false

I:"Font Detail Multiplier"=4

S:"Font URI"=/mods/mmmPowersuits/fonts/cra.ttf

S:"Native Font Name (Overrides URI)"=

B:"Use Custom Font Engine"=false

}

To fix the rendering problem for MPS when useing Optifine, find the config file "mmmPowersuits.cfg" and scroll to the line that says "Use Custom Font Engine" and set it to =false

Part of the code you should look for in "mmmPowersuits.cfg":)

####################

# font

####################

font {

B:"Font Anti-Aliasing"=false

I:"Font Detail Multiplier"=4

S:"Font URI"=/mods/mmmPowersuits/fonts/cra.ttf

S:"Native Font Name (Overrides URI)"=

B:"Use Custom Font Engine"=false

}

since you seem to know about this.... how about liquids clipping through pipes and containers and all that? any fix for that?