EA GAMES - Spore Chat. "No longer about API's sorry. My bad."

Tbone

Except spore didn't improve on anything. It just straight off copied the games and mashed them together into a Frankenstein of a game that they then wanted to sell.

Its like if someone made a game where level 1 was world of warcraft and then at level 2 it turned into modern warfare and then mass effect at level 3 and it all culminates into a sand box RTS game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except spore didn't improve on anything. It just straight off copied the games and mashed them together into a Frankenstein of a game that they then wanted to sell.

Its like if someone made a game where level 1 was world of warcraft and then at level 2 it turned into modern warfare and then mass effect at level 3 and it all culminates into a sand box RTS game.

I can see what you're getting at, but you do understand we're talking about the development of spore, not the finished product, right?

Copying a good idea isn't too bad when it's done right. I mean Blizzard has been doing that since day one with every single game they have and seems to be doing quite well.

But yeah, if you don't improve on the stuff you copy then you ae doomed.