Weird Bedrock Issue

Digdug83

I'm not really sure I'd call this a bug per se but it's certainly strange. It's more noticeable in my quarry world (flat w/ plains only) but I've seen it in overworld as well. Basically at random intervals a 1x1 column of water source comes up from layer 3 to wherever the surface is or close to it. What's also strange is that there's a bedrock block underneath it at layer 2 and the bottom source block can't be destroyed. Is this a feature or failed generation of a feature? I can't find any reference to a similar phenomenon anywhere on the forums.

Bah I knew I should have checked the FTB forums as well before posting. It is from BC. I think the intention is to correct the infinite water bug from vanilla and use these instead, or at least that's the impression I got from the threads I read.

Aye, they can be a bit annoying at times. random holes in the ground, filled with water, going all the way down to what looks like bedrock. Only it isn't bedrock...

Finding a lava spring can be just as bad, although they make a nice wonky obsidian generator if you surround them with water.

Thats an annoying problem with quarries..... water sources, underground pools of whatever, and the single water blocks that randomly appear in caves... best solution i've found was to just bring out a single block bridge to it then use a filler to destroy the larger ones.

Thats an annoying problem with quarries..... water sources, underground pools of whatever, and the single water blocks that randomly appear in caves... best solution i've found was to just bring out a single block bridge to it then use a filler to destroy the larger ones.

Actually I treat that as a blessing usually. If I forget to put a water block on the first layer most of my quarry world holes tend to be full of lava at the bottom, obscuring the last ten or so meters from the quarry's view. I really wish I hadn't put ravines in as a feature in the age as otherwise I wouldn't have any lava to deal with but at least now I have a good supply of obsidian.