Dungeon Tower Spawned, Home Destoyed

virnal

So i made a house inside a floating castle over the sea. I was returning from the nether to find that a tower dungeon had spawned inside my castle. It spawned towards the edge because of how it spawns it for some reason hollowed out the entire building that once stood.

This is a major error in this modpack. I have spent days on this one game save for it all to be ruined all at once and everything i owned that wasn't immediately on me taken away.

I don' even know how to respond to this. I had no idea that dungeons like this would spawn after the game was initially rendered. And even so, why would it spawn on top of what used to be another dungeon in it self.

hfqthph87lgnz26emh

Blocks from Secret Rooms cause this.

This is terrible. You think to build a secret room for your best stuff, and it gets destroyed, because you hid it in a secret room.

I dont even know man. I thought it might be from my pocket dimension, but if its just from the few blocks i used to hide entrances, thats ridiculous

Does anyone have 100% reliable proof that secret rooms or dimdoors cause this? I've been trying to recreate the bug in single player for a week, but to no avail.

I have no idead how this happened, Nothing seemed to happen at all when i found this, not a glitch nor lagged was found. It just... happened. No idead how nor why

Can anyone give me a detailed walkthrough of what they did right before the reset? I just spent an hour building a house IN a ruin, filled with over 50 secretrooms blocks, a nether portal, a twilight portal, and a bunch of random loot, but no matter what I do, I can't get the chunk to reset. If I had a reliable way to re-create it, I'd be grateful

Can anyone give me a detailed walkthrough of what they did right before the reset? I just spent an hour building a house IN a ruin, filled with over 50 secretrooms blocks, a nether portal, a twilight portal, and a bunch of random loot, but no matter what I do, I can't get the chunk to reset. If I had a reliable way to re-create it, I'd be grateful

I gathered up some sand from a very close beach. Then i went and grabbed gravel from weird building that i could never figure out what it was. It had a meteor that crashed into it but the walls of the building was made from gravel. I already had clay, so i made all of these materials into grout and put it into one of my furnaces located at my used to be house and left for the nether. My Nether portal isnt close to my house as it is located at my old house but is still in reasonable walking distance. Once i got through i walk over to a very close wall and used my pick from tinkeres tool mod and dug a one by two tunnel until i got a stack of netherack. Once i had this i left and sprinted back to my house over the ice (the ice trail was previously created by frezarite armor). Once i got close i saw what had happened.

Would also like to mention by brother was on my server for a short time a few days before the day it happened and i had played a lot since then, And for some reason the ice didnt appear for him and it looked like i was just walking on water.

Sorry if this was to in-depth but thats like the past hour of game play before the incidient.

And before that i had collected the grout bricks (whatever they are called) from a local village that had a smeltery.

I gathered up some sand from a very close beach. Then i went and grabbed gravel from weird building that i could never figure out what it was. It had a meteor that crashed into it but the walls of the building was made from gravel. I already had clay, so i made all of these materials into grout and put it into one of my furnaces located at my used to be house and left for the nether. My Nether portal isnt close to my house as it is located at my old house but is still in reasonable walking distance. Once i got through i walk over to a very close wall and used my pick from tinkeres tool mod and dug a one by two tunnel until i got a stack of netherack. Once i had this i left and sprinted back to my house over the ice (the ice trail was previously created by frezarite armor). Once i got close i saw what had happened.

Would also like to mention by brother was on my server for a short time a few days before the day it happened and i had played a lot since then, And for some reason the ice didnt appear for him and it looked like i was just walking on water.

Sorry if this was to in-depth but thats like the past hour of game play before the incidient.

And before that i had collected the grout bricks (whatever they are called) from a local village that had a smeltery.

My brother was on my single player game via lan

I don't get why I can't re-create this in my world. I can literally defeat a battletower, build a house in it, fill it with secretrooms doors and stuff, fill it with all my hard earned loot, make a portal to the nether, gather things from the nether, go to the twilight forest and hunt, come back, and everything is exactly how I left it every time. All on single player lan. =/

Everyone says it is the secretrooms mod, but I can't get it to happen.

Those are the Battletowers.. BIG Pain in the BUTT. They'll spawn randomly in certain BIOMES. I've read they're "supposed" to not spawn in your "home"... whatever that is. I found a workaround since I got real tired of using worldedit to try and repair the Battletowers that kept popping up around my villages/cities.... Especially the the Pokemon Stadium I made for my boys (I have Pixelmon installed as well)... Yea, Battletower right down the middle of it... Anyway, the fix is that by default Battletowers has a config file and in it is a list of "Biomes" that it will avoid. You'll need to have worldedit installed.

Use worldedit select an area you want protected with your wand.. I would suggest using the //expand vert to select EVERYTHING within that area from top to bottom...

then change it to a Biome on that avoid list and it will no longer destroy your buildings with Battledungeons.

Good video on how to change your biome -->

From Hexxit wikia:

A Battle tower may spawn at where your house was, deleting all your loot and hard work if you return from a dimension, this is caused by chunks error because of teleporting from one to other dimension.

What causes chunk errors?

Rapid approach to a portal?

It is the secret rooms mod.

Using the same level seed and the same chunk in the same biome at the same x,y,z:

-Creating a portal to the twilight forest and surrounding it with items from the secretrooms mod will result in a chunk reset upon return.

-Removing secretrooms and repeating leaves the chunk how it was

It is NOT because of battletowers, a battletower does NOT ALWAYS spawn, it is just a chance since the chunk is being re-created. The problem is the chunk error, which for some reason is caused by secretrooms.