1.6.4 modpack error

bmxfelon420

If i recall correctly there was a major change internally in forge between 7xx versions and 8xx versions. By and large, forge is backward compatible, but there are some mods that had issues before/after that switch. Is there a way to make your mods work on 871?

Unfortunately, .789 is as high as I can go without learning to update the mod. It is looking for a new maintainer and is otherwise abandoned. I'm waiting for 1.7 before putting in requests with folks who update out of kindness. Believe me, I wish I could just run the top versions, but I can't. I've sacrificed some rather enjoyable mods by being trapped in this version. :/

so, i created a modpack with only NEI... and started with launcher (without forge or modpack.jar inside the modpack) so just normal vanilla

the i put the forge universal inside the bin folder (renamed it to modpack.jar) and the game failed to run. the version.json gets changes and thats all.

to make i run again i have to remove the "modpack.jar" and the version.json... then it's running again but just vanilla (as expected).

i tried copy stuff from forge universal installer to the .technic/cache/ folder (all libaryies are stored here) but still fails to launch

i copied the library folder made by universal installer to my mod folder, and moved the jar and the version.json file also to bin folder, but still failed to launch

so what to do? used forge 1.6.4 latest

nice you are all talking about 1.6.2 modpack when topic/thread is about 1.6.4

so, i created a modpack with only NEI... and started with launcher (without forge or modpack.jar inside the modpack) so just normal vanilla

the i put the forge universal inside the bin folder (renamed it to modpack.jar) and the game failed to run. the version.json gets changes and thats all.

to make i run again i have to remove the "modpack.jar" and the version.json... then it's running again but just vanilla (as expected).

i tried copy stuff from forge universal installer to the .technic/cache/ folder (all libaryies are stored here) but still fails to launch

i copied the library folder made by universal installer to my mod folder, and moved the jar and the version.json file also to bin folder, but still failed to launch

so what to do? used forge 1.6.4 latest

nice you are all talking about 1.6.2 modpack when topic/thread is about 1.6.4

You need to make the pack install forge, it doesnt look like you can do it manually and have it work properly. So put the forge universal in the bin in your modpack.zip, reinstall the pack.

Fixed it. You have to download the forge universal jar for the version of forge that you want, rename it to modpack.jar, and put that into the bin folder in your modpack zip. Then it will install as intended into the launcher.

Thanks for this tip, it worked perfectly for my new mod pack on 1.6.4, now I just need to fix my BoP crash :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dont put any version.json in your modpack.zip. All you need is the jar file. The launcher actually creates the json files itself. The ONLY folders you need are bin, config, mods. The content of the bin should ONLY be the modpack.jar, unless you're running something like pixelmon that has a database folder. Im going to put together my pixelmon pack to test that and verify how 1.6.2 works.

You don't even want the minecraft.jar in the bin folder?