stuck with ME Interface

mrcavallol

hello - i am trying to clean up my item storage and remove as many pipes as possible by importing items from quarries directly into my DSU's that are connected to the network via a storage bus each.

as you cannot directly link a pipe to ME chests, i noticed that an ME interface can. however i have no idea how to export the items from the ME interface once they are in there.

basically i have an ME cable running from the ME interface into each DSU. i have an import bus on each DSU (not sure whether i need this) so the network knows what item to store in each DSU.

i have tried using an export bus from the ME interface - changing the arrow configurations, etc. - yet i just cant seem to get it to export the items.

any clues? or maybe i am just tackling this the wrong way.

thank you.

EDIT:

ah got it - i needed an ME controller and chest next to it with an import bus on the chest and a storage bus on the DSU's instead. works a treat now!

you can skip the golden transport pipe and put an ME Interface directly on your Item Tesseract; I also send any items created in my Assembly Table via the same Item Tesseract frequency so they get imported back into the network that way.

Thanks for the tips. Strangely tho I have had to use an extra storage bus else the items would just stay in the interface and not import into my existing network. Ie each dsu has 2 storage bus' - one for import from interface and one connected to main network.

Could this be because I am running 2 me controllers?

Cheers.

I have an item tessaract that leads into some iron pipes because I have a few pulverizers etc attached to the pipes and it all leads to a chest with an import bus just in case for whatever reason the ME system loses power and cannot import.

However I have a fairly large quantity of items coming in so I used a chest and a few pipes just to be safe.

Also want to note, the import bus is a precision.

importbus.png

Could this be because I am running 2 me controllers?

Depending on how you set it up, that might have something to do with it. I believe that two controllers can't coexist on the same 'network'. In my setup, the Item Tesseract connects to the ME Interface, and then to the Controller via ME Cable. Anything coming in automatically goes into any available storage. Then I have a single Storage Bus on each DSU set to store a specific type of item.

Actually using a chest as a buffer from the output of your machines isn't a bad idea. I know from experience that the import/export busses are only capable of moving one kind of item at a time in a single tick. In the case where a machine would produce multiple different items simultaneously, for example an automated farm farming trees, only one of the items will be imported the rest are lost somehow. The only answer was to have the harvester outputting into a chest. This might be just with MFR machines I'm not sure. An ME interface will work as well since it has a six slot inventory.

Quarry output should always go into a chest before being imported into the network. The sheer volume of stuff coming from the quarry is more then any import bus can normally handle. Unless you have a buffer of some kind, aka, a chest. You don't even have to sort it first, or limit yourself to just 1 quarry if you use a chest for a buffer. 4 quarries, 2 melon farms, a tree farm, a combo wheat/potato/carrot farm, 2 mushroom farms(fertilized), and a laser drill all dumping into a single buffer chest and the me network keeps up just fine with just a single precision import bus set to import stacks. Without the chest I'd have a mess.

Yeah, that's why I use a ME interface :|

If you just place it near a tesseract it gets everything (if you right click on it you can see the items coming).

Actually I had 4 quarries pumping in that tesseract and I am sure it got everything (the ME interface has about 8 slots or something for items).