Possible to keep Electrical Engines from Forestry?

Since i am using them alot, it would be really nice to maybe include the Electrical Engines with Tekkit. My base has many Electrical Engines and if have to go replacing each one with Redstone Engines, i will not do it. So please, do keep the Electrical Engines. Thanks!

Also off-topic, am i allowed to swear here?

They can't keep individual parts of a mod without keeping the mod itself so no.

You'll be able to install forestry yourself though.

Also, yes, swearing is allowed, just please don't be fucking dumb about.

Can energy links suck a lot of stuff out of a chest very quickly? And no, i will not use combustion/steam engines. I want my machines to work 24/7, the only thing you have to do is to supply more stuff to macerate, recycle or burn to them. Not add fuel all the time. Redstone engines are also too slow.

Yes, a double chest in about under second, at the cost of about 160eu/t.

it bugs out on alchemical chests, for what ever reason it won't pull whole stacks.

you probably want so put it behind a bat box or something to limit it's consumption. A low voltage solar panel will also be sufficient.

Energy link by default provide 2MJ per 5 EU. The real problem with them is limiting how much EU you send to it.

Personally, I perfer using RP pipes for most things as they are more "smart" and never leak. If not for the autocrafting tables and quarries I probably wouldn't use anything from Buildcraft at all.

place the energy link in the same spot as the electrical engine switches and redstone torches ect turn off the energy link if you redstone power it. your still better off using redpower filters to pull out stacks if your trying to get a LOT moving.

Why would it not be compatible? A mod like Forestry that doesn't dick around with base classes (that I know of) would just need careful block/item ID management.

As KakerMix said, "This mod now disables certain features when used in conjunction with the Technic Launcher."

What do you mean by this? can you explain what you are doing with said energy link and induction furnace.

The Energy Link is connected to a wooden transport pipe from the bottom and the pipe is connected to an Induction Furnace at the back. The Energy Link gets 512EU/t. I have several other Energy Links working with advanced machines, just this one is not working.

As KakerMix said, "This mod now disables certain features when used in conjunction with the Technic Launcher."

Oh, right, because you can't ask your entire userbase to install the fix. Must be rough, running a server.

My experience with Energy Links says they can dump out WAY more juice than a simple Forestry electric engine. However, the thing to be wary of is that they don't automatically shut off if the conductive pipes stop drawing power.

I did some tests with EL and BC Quarries. Provided a fiber connection to medium voltage, the EL drew about 72 EU/t - whether the quarry was plugged in or not. When plugged in to low voltage, it drew a full 32EU/t where possible.