[1.0.10]Horizon City- Creative server Hexxit server Starting july 7th.

hooptiecoupe

Some of the Builds we've been working on.

The hotel on Main world. for those that don't want to build..just explore. you can store your loot and make a home here. Occupied Hotel rooms are protected under

a speacile law that applies only to the hotels and homestead world. any theft from these areas will get you jailed or fined .

6hqfE4W.png

This is the new Street system near spawn. opens up new and easier areas for players to build on the the main world.

Plus, it fits with the holiday today :)

upOZvzP.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

We kicked off on the server with a BANG,

a little over 1,000 fireworks going off total. It took about 30 minutes for the whole show to finish.

There were 4 displays going off total at various areas..this is just a small sample of the event!

Thanks to everyone that came on and enjoyed the free cake

dAHvoLu.png

PAeHZSW.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone here a quick heads up on upcoming events.

on 1/16/14 will be hosting a specile 'NIGHT OF THE INFERNALS GAME'

Prizes will be given out to winners. lots of great loot to win!

this will start at 6pm cetral America time.

on 1/25/14 will be hosting our first Last Player Standing Game.

this will be a featured survival games map. game will be an hour long with minor tweaks and hidden hexxit items in world.

not too mention a few other surprises to make the hungergame series a little more,.... interesting.

Hope to see you on, all who join at 6pm. central America time are welcome to join the event.

The server as really exploded in the past month, we've hardly had time to come on here and update the forums!

this will be a featured survival games map. game will be an hour long with minor tweaks and hidden hexxit items in world.

not too mention a few other surprises to make the hungergame series a little more,.... interesting.

Hope to see you on, all who join at 6pm. central America time are welcome to join the event.

The server as really exploded in the past month, we've hardly had time to come on here and update the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

were going to be hosting a 'server cruise night' on our website. chat.

we plan to cruise some various servers both submitted by our website members and form selected choices from the 1st page of the hexxit servers here.

we will be voteing and gradeing hexxit servers based on 10 things.

if you want your server reveiwe by our community. let us know on our website.

this could be good as if your server gets aleast a B rateing by us, we will help advertise your server

on our website.

Hey meowtwe,

how are you, im sorry that you did not like our review. its something new were starting for fun. the review wasn't meant to upset you. yours was one our favorites too

I gave your server some advertisement on our website. which as about 75 follows now and growing daily. looks like the post I made on our forum as gotten a lot of looks.

so hopefully this as gotten some fresh blood and fanfare to your server. I think I listed it as 2ndplace of the 4 servers we check out this weekend.

with only some minor tweaks, you could be a great server.

yes we can ALL improve to be better hexxit servers. and I welcome any to come and check out my server to review it. all I ask is that you make sure its a group,

and not just 1 person. when we reviewed over the weeknd it was about 8 people cruiseing and offering comments and thoughts on each server.

im sorry, ? I don't understand ? I JUDGE players on my own server? how's that? could you enlighten me more please? you cant just say that without an example

or its just bullcrap that your saying cause your mad. I now that I can improve as a server owner too. and I'd like to, but that coment is far to vaque to be of any good to me.

and yes, we judge cause we want something better.! is that too much to ask?

I could use improvements on my own server as well. this Is why I take constructive cristim and change.

which is also why over the past 2 months we have made some major changes and tweaks to the server and configs to offer a better experience based on feedback from the community.

which is also why we are now starting to grow by leaps and bounds since december. which is also why we've added admins postions (which we didn't have before) to help with server demands

which is ASLO why we are working on adding new contact thru feburary and every month after.

To give you 1 idea..... based on feedback from our community:

people were annoyed that it was PvP only server...now we have PvE worlds...more people like our server.( I didn't tell people to go suck it.)

People didn't like Rule 2 thought it was too vaque....now rule 2 is to the point. and offers protections from raids on main world....more people love our server.

( I didn't tell people to just deal with it)

people wanted betterdungeons.....we found away to add them without crashing server.....done. ( I didn't tell people ...screw you)

people wanted dim doors. ...we found away to add them without causeing lag or crashes...more people love server...( I didn't tell people..donor only..or suck it)

people wanted a better help tutiroal.....done...we now have an ingame help option. ( I didn't tell people, grow up, shutup, and stop asking me all these questions...cause I don't have time for you, as server owner, you should ALWAYS MAKE TIME FOR LEGIT PLAYERS QUESTIONS)

people wanted more of a challenge with dungeons and infernals.. done...configs are tweaked. ( didn't say, kill more, or screw you)

also, player heads were dropping all the time for any way that a player died due to our configs. making trophy rooms a null idea.since player heads are pretty much a dime a dozen on our server.

BUt, PVP'ers wanted a Trophy room... soo based on feedback....

we recently added A new plugin which will only cause heads to drop from PVP'ing. and the heads now say how the player died and with what weapon!

the PVP'ers are loving this! it still being tweaked. but.....this was a player comment. we improved...more people like server....

people were wanting better hosted events, and minigames...?...we now offer automated spleef, lots of people love it. we are soon offering automated arenas with prizes

and CTF with prizes. so more people can enjoy them without needing to be hosted all the time.

so ya, were imporving our server based on comments and feedback. so we ALWAYS welcome constructive Compaints from anyone, that's how we fix, we grow, and we expand.

im making this final point to you meow, it seems many are making servers just to make money, or get players so they can make money from 'donations'

I did not have this plan when I built this server. I have money in the bank to keep this server going for as long as people are enjoying it. I do have 'donor' shop on our website

yes, but if you take a look its really noting you cant get in the game with a little time and effort. even bedrock is avail at a location in the game. its the only shop admins persaonnly fill up.

if you can find it, you can buy bedrock in game. to protect your base better. our donor shop is just for those that want to bring some personal fun for themselves or don't feel like takeing the time find that item they want so bad.

for instance, we allow players to buy betterdungons bosses from our website. but, I've told admins spawn these things in for players that are bored and want some bosses to fight.

we tweak and improve constantly. but its only from people like you grading us!

so come one, get on our server and review us! I'd love to hear your feedback. uhm....just so long as its feedback and not just talking bull cause your mad at our review.

mine was compiled from several peoples thoughts. not 1 person.

were planning on doing these reviews every weekend, on random servers. hopefully, this will help us all to improve and become better server owners.

Thanks for your ...uhm ...sincere? comments and feedback.

Sincerely,

Hoop

were excited to announce that we now have 3 new admins!

extist, macho-marcus and lord_huffington are all ready to get there feet wet.

we'll also be hosting an all new war event this thrusday evening.

check our webstie for more info on time.

hooptiesworld.enjin.com

this will basically be a last player standing event, but with a few twists and changes to fit in better with our hexxit server.

we'll be featureing a super secrest downloaded PVP map just for this event.

winners will get big prizes!

anyone else who joins the war event,..will still get prizes just for being a part of it to the end.

hope to see ya there!

im no longer replying to phoniex's non-sense rants on his server post as im not promoting views on his server.

you can see from his constant chatter, that he has serious anger issues:

on his posts he says:

"We dont use multi-verse, why? Its a waste of resources. It hogs memory, cpu, and drastically lowers your TPS with many players online. Unless your going to bungeecord a server per world, using multiverse is a very stupid thing to do on a modded server. Multiverse was programmed and designed for BUKKIT servers. So they could host mini game worlds, dungeon worlds, creative worlds, etc.

As for spawn killing? I got a solution for you: WORLD GUARD! ITS MAGICAL!

And for our servers losing its popularity or players, my community has been alive for 3 years and counting and has thousands of people joining every month. You are just throwing a pebble at a bear and expecting it to care.

I hope this is your last post, and double post of stupidity cause i really am sick of wasting my time replying to your nonsense. "

------------------------------------

sounds you need to get a better computer or host system. we use multiverse and it 'Hogs' little to no rescoruces.

our TPS still runs very high. ushally around 17-20 TPS. which I great. no on on our server as yet to report lag due to server.

an we've had peaks of 25 people on. when lag is reported and I check console. were running 18 or 19 TPS and were running low on CPU Usage and Nomral on Ram usage. with plently left to spare.

as for spawnkilling? If WG protects sooo well from it, why do you have an added rule about it? cause there are still ways around with the hexxit mod. so if you have such good plugins, why not let them do there job and add no further burden to the player. Dosnt sound like its soo magical.

I like how your worded yourself. very interesting. sooo, hexxit as been around for? about a year if I recall? I do reamber downloading when It came out I belive last year, and you have 1000's of people joining your server every month? wowo that's amazing, and how many or repeat players? our team,..which added to your player monthly figure this month was big group, yet we wont be coming back,

do to your rudeness. so, your figures are high yes. but that says nothing about repeat players.

I started my hexxit server in October. so yea, were a baby compared to you. but already we've conerd a stong base of happy REPEAT players. quite a few of the people that join my server have been around since its fledging days when we were getting our feet wet.

can you say the same?

an no, im no throwing the pebble at the bear...im thowing the pebble at the people reading this post hoping they'll notice your a bear and they shouldn't go near you. cause your an angry bear.

And again, IF YOU SAY YOU OFFER MINIGAMES. but your planning to add that at 'some unknown date in the future' ?

means you don't offer them now, and no plans for it.?..so... your lieing about minigames.?

thanks,

you keep being a bad server owner, so people will join other servers doing good.

like orbitz, or universal who does better than you, or even me. I don't care. my servers not about numbers.

we have a strong enough base that im happy.

Coming tomorrow!

Hexxit Hunger games, on our surprise featured downloaded map

last person standing will get a great and rare prize, everyone else will get a prize just for playing.

this will be a map made for a max of 24 people. so if you plan to join and play, join our website and reserve you slot.

pLzfop7.png

NOTE: this is a monthly hosted event on our server called 'WAR EVENT'

its hosted on the last week of every month. so if you missed this one, check our website , and sign up for the next one.

last nights game was played on our featured survival games map.

Skylands by Ddogclaw. you can find it at survivalgames.com (or something like that)

it was designed for vanilla. but we tweaked it and added in loot for hexxit!.

it was a blast, though short lived since only 6 people joined it total.

hopefully next time we can host on a wensday when more people seem to be on our server.

Congrats to llop....(forget his full name) for winning last nights event.

the winner got 4 hexxit diamonds and 500 cash.

the losers got 2 hex essence and 200 cash just for playing.

Our next hexxit hungergames will be at the end of march.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going quite on our server. Everyones enjoying the new BTEAM servers. we have one as well. if you curious, you can come to our website.

our bteam server is in beta right now so were not talking about it very much.

We just Uploaded a NEW BetterDungeons world for the month. this month, the chests will be filled with hexxit loot.

next month, that might change....

Were transitioning over to towny. this will offer better protection from theft on owned land. please bare with us as we make the changes, after the configurations are complete, i'll be able to get back to working on the battlearenas and CTF games!

we wont be having any hosted events this month as most people are on vacation or very busy doing updates to the server setup.

Towny is still in alpha testing so please bare with us.

due to this major change in how our server system works. there will be some issues that have to be addressed this month.

a few changes were doing due to adding towny are:

1) jail system as been updated to a new system.

2) GRK room is being re-designed

3) sign shops (admin only) are being re-done since they broke after installing towny.

4) hotels are being re-made

5) tweaks are still being done to towny based on player feedback.

I was hoping to work on adding more spleef arenas and battle areans this month, but with this massive change happening. it wont be until march until more spleef areans come.

for now, we have 1 arena made for 10 or more to play in.

A new day dawns on our hexxit server!

we've re-made spawn to be soooooooooooooo much easier to navigate.

now, when you go to spawn. (or first join) you'll easily see the best warps to go to for either pvp or non-pvp. theres lots of other warps to learn.

but these are the best ones to hit the ground running. I've also added a new kit system. so you can buy good amor and tools ingame as you progress

we've also made the /warp help easier to notice so you can go there and get most of your questions answered about our server

The battletower is almost finished.

the layout is done. however, endermen are teleporting outside of arena when you hit them. I hope to resolve this tonight.

all plots are now avail and for sale on the SW side of the city. the admins and I are working next on making the land avail to buy on the NW side of the city.

if you don't want to mess with towny. you can simply find land that's for sale around spawn and do /plot claim. or, go make your own town. with  /t new {name}

we also added kits. which have fun stuff in them. :)

for instance, the meteorite armor kit comes with meteor summoners and some essences gernades. you can buy these kits with in game money you earn.

Ive also remove /back command since it was causeing harassment issues. and not conveying the proper fear I want people to have when playing in a pvp world.

you can still use /sethome to  save points around the world.

we've had a lot of crash issues on our bteam server that had to be resolved. so I've been lacking on hexxit updates.but heres whats planned for this week:

1) TIER 4 of the battle tower is finally complete! if you can make it there and win it, you'll get some great loot

2) the PvE [world] is being reset tonight. I've also increased spawn rate for towers. so it should have a few more battle towers to enjoy :)

3) the Dungeon world is running late on its reset. ( I was on vacation, and my map maker as been busy as well) but, it is planned to reset this Friday by midnight.

this till it will be a PvP World. so you better make friends.

4) LvL 1-4 of the epic maze is almost done. its def. getting harder....and its still on easy mode :)

5) Ive finished our first basic battlearena. it just a 1 vs 1 fist fight. it will cost: $25 bucks to enter the ring. if you win you'll get $50. a great way to battle it out together.

more arenas are planned this week for 4 and 8 player versions.

We've added a fun new game to our website.

Now, if you join our website, and vote for hexxit or bteam. as long as you vote at least 4 times in 1 week for either server. (that's 2 times today, and 2 times tommorw) you'll get

2 enjin points added to your account which you can use at our donation shop for free loot and kits.

Also, if your the TOP voter for the week for either Hexxit OR Bteam you'll get 10 points added to your enjin account which you can use in our server shop as well

we tried to add this as another fun way to thank you for supporting our server (and helping us to advertise)

Lockette as officially been removed from our server. I know many people are used to using it. but it had to be done to provided a more robust experience.

The intention of the server from the beginning as always been to be a controlled anarchy server.

Now that we added towny and its running very well. as long as you do /plot claim on a towny plot. your loot/chests are completely safe from greif.

However, The PvP world is meant to give you a since of fear and need to build better to protect your base. so for this reason lockette was removed.

aslo, people were using lockette as a cheap way of making protections and live in the rescource world and dungeon worlds. then, when these worlds reset, they complained that they lost all there loot. Removing lockette is meant to encourage people to live on our CITY world which NEVER resets.

Gotta a lot of plans going forward on the hexxit and bteam servers. were working on a new voter reward system. we also working hard this month to add more spleef and battle arenas. we hope to introduce our first CTF playing field this month as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons