lag even in singleplayer

ShadowHall

A modpack is a modification for a videogame. A videogame is a computer program. Computer programs are a complex mathmatical calculation executed thousands of times per second by computer hardware. The better the hardware, the better the software can operate. Therefore, please post your computer specs and allocated RAM.

Well if you don't know where your RAM settings are that means you haven't done anything to them, which is likely the problem. On the main screen of the launcher, there's a small button on the top left with a picture of a grey gear. Click on that and select 2GB on the RAM dropdown.

first off no i haven't. second what does allocating ram and knowing my computer specs have to do with a modpack for minecraft?

Because allocating more RAM to MC is most often the solution to a lot of lag problems, even for vanilla MC. Because Tekkit and Hexxit are bigger than vanilla, it's also more important to allocate more RAM. Both start doing funny things when they're low on RAM.

also my allocation options only let me go to 1gb which is default for me.

This tells me one of two things. 1) You only have 2 gigs of system memory total and it won't let you allocate more or 2) you have 32 bit Java installed and it can't let you allocate more. If you have a 64 bit OS, you should use 64 bit java.

Because allocating more RAM to MC is most often the solution to a lot of lag problems, even for vanilla MC. Because Tekkit and Hexxit are bigger than vanilla, it's also more important to allocate more RAM. Both start doing funny things when they're low on RAM.

This tells me one of two things. 1) You only have 2 gigs of system memory total and it won't let you allocate more or 2) you have 32 bit Java installed and it can't let you allocate more. If you have a 64 bit OS, you should use 64 bit java.

well there's the funny part for some odd reason i can't have 64 bit java on my computer because even though i have 64 bit OS my graphics card is 32 bit and it's the default card i got when i bought the computer

If you can scrape up 100 bucks, you can change out that card for a better mid-range GPU card. I recommend a Zotec Nvidia card, possibly a 270 Ti at the least, of which I have. It does 64bit just fine; as a third party product they always have to support most OS in action.

but is the question "what do I have to do to play MC?" or "what do I have to do to play MC on this computer?" it sounds like you might need an upgrade to do the former, or some investigative repair for the latter. We really can't give more than vague help. Make sure you are really running 64 bit java on a 64 bit OS (or 32 bit on 32 bit, they have to match). Make sure you have the latest drivers especially for your graphics card. Outdated drivers and/or bad graphic cards can cause crashes with MC. More serious hardware problems would usually come with more symptoms but it's still a possibility. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Java. Try removing the .technic directory and start over again from scratch.