Treecapitator

ragdim

I couldn't find anything on the wiki about this, so I'll ask here: is the treecapitator mod supposed to work on player housing? I built a log cabin, and have treecapitated (as in every log in the roof and on the outside collapses) it no less than 3 times now by accidentally chopping a wood pillar in the center of the house. The part that baffles me is that the wood pillar isn't connected to any of the other logs in the house, just plank slabs/planks. Here's some pics of the house setup (thanks in advance):

xpopvn.jpg

o9oa5u.jpg

mijq07.jpg

I think it's a glitch that has to do with destroying blocks with the Power Fist; I haven't had it happen to me in a while (I started a new server since then), but I think destroying blocks with the Power Fist will 'treecapitate' any wood connected to it. Not even sure it has to do with the mod, but it might.

You might try destroying a wood block (in a test case, of course) with just an axe and see if it works better.

I'm guessing you have increased the radius on the axe module. A friend had maxed radius and overclock and was gonna breake a block, I think it was a wooden chest when we played Tekkit 1.0.6. He had build the house with wood and planks and on hit and all woods on his house was gone. Oh man what a sight it was. :D

There are subtle differences between the power tool's axe module and an actual axe. The axe module doesn't use treecapitator and uses it's own logic. It doesn't work on all things wooden like axes. It's unpredictable compared to treecapitator and I've cut down houses another player was working on by accident. It also doesn't remove the leaves like treecapitator either. This last one is at least fixable with a different module either the blade launcher or the leaf blower. I still use axes because of the subtle irregularities of the axe module.