This just killed me.

Zephemeros

A thousand-dollar CPU in use by someone who doesn't even know what 32-bit and 64-bit are? Wow.

Better yet, if that tech level monitor is their understanding of tech... HOW ARE THEY AT 2?

Wait... what if the problem is that they are going to just use that beast of a rig for Minecraft, Youtube and Facebook.

Wait... what if the problem is that they are going to just use that beast of a rig for Minecraft, Youtube and Facebook.

If someone finds that fact bothersome, they need to take a moment to look at their life. You don't get anywhere good by worring about what other people have or can do.

Better yet, if that tech level monitor is their understanding of tech... HOW ARE THEY AT 2?

how on earth could you only use THAT Beast only for those purposes? It would be like building your own, custom built, 300 MPH capable car for driving to the store and back.

how on earth could you only use THAT Beast only for those purposes? It would be like building your own, custom built, 300 MPH capable car for driving to the store and back.

Some people just gotta have more power without actually using it.

jakj knew what I was thinking.

I also couldn't agree more with the 300 MPH car analogy, but I doubt it's because of this guy just wanting the power for the sake of having power but not actually using it. The poor guy probably has no understanding at all of what he needs for his computer usage habits, so it just seems like he blew probably over $2000 for a top-of-the-line jizztastic PC that he doesn't even need.

Not to mention the fact that he's using Vista and doesn't know what the 64-bit disk that came with his OS is for.

Of course I could be wrong. He may have just been trolling, after all.

It still really gave me a good laugh.

jakj knew what I was thinking.

I also couldn't agree more with the 300 MPH car analogy, but I doubt it's because of this guy just wanting the power for the sake of having power but not actually using it. The poor guy probably has no understanding at all of what he needs for his computer usage habits, so it just seems like he blew probably over $2000 for a top-of-the-line jizztastic PC that he doesn't even need.

Not to mention the fact that he's using Vista and doesn't know what the 64-bit disk that came with his OS is for.

Of course I could be wrong. He may have just been trolling, after all.

It still really gave me a good laugh.

for around $60 and around 2 gigs of downloads(there is 2, and one is 3 times as big as the other), i could push that PC to it's max. anyone care to take a guess at what I am thinking?

for around $60 and around 2 gigs of downloads(there is 2, and one is 3 times as big as the other), i could push that PC to it's max. anyone care to take a guess at what I am thinking?

I could push it to it';s limits on my own. Dorf Fortress will bring ANY computer to its knees.

it crashes on my computer at the "generating lakes" part of world gen. :( i really wanted to play it

Try generating smaller maps. That probably means that it's hitting huge underground lakes and cant keep up with calculating how the water flows.

Try a 3x3 map, or maybe even 2x2 (1x1 isn't worth it, sadly)

My computer is strong enough to manage a maximum size map, but only for a while. If i EVER allow cats to breed, that's the end pf the map, it's doomed.

Try generating smaller maps. That probably means that it's hitting huge underground lakes and cant keep up with calculating how the water flows.

Try a 3x3 map, or maybe even 2x2 (1x1 isn't worth it, sadly)

My computer is strong enough to manage a maximum size map, but only for a while. If i EVER allow cats to breed, that's the end pf the map, it's doomed.

do cats just eventually breed out of control? that would be a sight to see. cats covering half of your nice little castle. also, is a non-text graphics pack worth it?

do cats just eventually breed out of control? that would be a sight to see. cats covering half of your nice little castle. also, is a non-text graphics pack worth it?

yes, totally worth it.

Also yes. They breed out of control, and adopt dorfs, once they've adopted a dorf they can't be slaughtered either. they keep breeding and breeding, and eventually bring you down to 1fps. Their pathfinding is what does it, since they follow their dorf around, but have an individual path, it gets calculated as a separate path.

This is my primary real-world reason for liking dogs better. Dogs can be used for dober-bombs.

I've been thinking of getting a new avi though. (i secretly want a dalek gif that says "MODERATE! MODERATE!")

Eeeh, I hate it when people get new avatars. The avatar is what my mind associates as a person's face, and it confuses me for months (not even kidding) when I see a different one and I think it's a totally different person.

All in all, I'm heavily resistant to change. Progress is great, but not just change.

(Not that any of that matters to anyone but me. :P)

Eeeh, I hate it when people get new avatars. The avatar is what my mind associates as a person's face, and it confuses me for months (not even kidding) when I see a different one and I think it's a totally different person.

All in all, I'm heavily resistant to change. Progress is great, but not just change.

I totally get that, but originally this avatar was a stopgap to prevent me from being one of the faceless masses.

you must be one of those people, where instead of associating pictures with words, you associate words with pictures. IE, when someone says chair, you think of a picture of a chair. You probably also mostly think in pictures. It doesn't bother me it all, because i ALWAYS think in words, when I don't, I get confused and end up being like a computer that you gave a command to add 1, then subtract 1 till it gets 2. Some people I have met the first time when I was really confused over something thought I was mentally handicapped, as when i am really confused, I can barely speak in full sentences.

Yes, that's accurate. It's why I'm great with spatial relations, reading from any angle, and OO. I have excessive difficulty with anything I cannot visualize.

I am exactly the opposite. someone can show me something a dozen times, but if they can't verbalize it properly, i'm lost. :/