Best way to keep nasty creepers out of my base

MoJoCyAnIdE

If you have any new and exciting idea's of how to keep creepers and more mobs out of my base. Please note I am not extremely rich, and do not have bulk recourses. My base has a waterfall entry, which means you walk through a waterfall to get into my base. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Skipping past MFFS to talk about other things first, Kotja's suggestion is still is the most basic method. I bet you could automate filling a vanilla dispenser with arrows with some AE magic. Some of the OpenCCSensors can be combined with ComputerCraft scripts to react on a couple of events like proximity or time of day. It's just a new trigger for old trap types.

Now I'll return to MFFS. The Modular Force Field System has a block called the Interdiction Matrix which can do things like stop mobs and friendly mobs from spawning, kill mobs and/or friendly mobs, attack players and a few other things. It's an end game thing though as it takes a sizable amount of power. The Tekkit wiki is rather bare on MFFS but search Youtube. The mod overviews explain how to use the mod but it's fairly straight forward.