Sliding Doors

elitter

Hello, i have installed the latest version of tekkit, so im guessing 1.5.2, ive been building for a few days, and ive been trying to create a large sliding door, but as i see mostly is stuff from over 1 yr ago. theres not alot of recent tutorials on building that are not under a yr old, so any large or sliding door, all require or ask for stuff that i dont have. example frame motors, so can anyone point me in the right direction on a video or forums or instuction on building a large sliding door

im not concerned if its mechanical or computercraft

thanks

yeah, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would chime in because I'm still learning about some of the cooler abilities within Tekkit; but, from what I've seen, anything more than 2-by-X (or X-by-2) is virtually impossible without Redstone in Motion or Redpower type of mods. I think I've seen someone figure out a 3-by-3, but I never tried it and didn't quite get how he pulled it off.

yeah, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would chime in because I'm still learning about some of the cooler abilities within Tekkit; but, from what I've seen, anything more than 2-by-X (or X-by-2) is virtually impossible without Redstone in Motion or Redpower type of mods. I think I've seen someone figure out a 3-by-3, but I never tried it and didn't quite get how he pulled it off.

It is easy, but you have to time redstone right. Some people make 20x20 doors that are absolutely amazing.

dang... i was really trying to hide my launch tunnel. the griefers are horrible on my tekkit server. so ive resorted to building everything underground to avoid any more issues. its been a huge change from my bukkit to tekkit. but i find that tekkit keeps me more occupided lol.. crap well if anyone comes up with a solution to fill or close in a 6x6 please let me know in tekkit

thanks for all the responses

run both tekkit and bukkit, you can have all the fun of tekkit but the antigreifing of bukkit it is awsome tekkit server with essentials is a must

ive tried intergrating bukkit into tekkit so i could use bukkit plugins. but i could never get it to work correctly always got the error when trying to log in.. stating that "bukkitforsge is still loading" and also tried the forcefields. but always seem to cause issue on the server for large ones any suggestion would be great.. i would hate to close down my tekkit server becuase ppl are destroying everything we have spent weeks making which there doing a fine job of.. as i logged in today.. theres not much left they havent removed lol.. except my new town. they havent found as of yet!

ive tried that no matter what i choose i still get the same message, ive downloaded the latest download from tekkit site. so i dont see the issue here.. ive got to be missing some dang thing so Ver 1.1.10 Server which is the latest one for download, i really need to find a solution. the griefers are killing me lol and my friends who play. weeks and weeks of work has and still being destoryed so atleast if i get the bukkit working i can get some plugins working lol

I saw this thread a couple days ago and thought, not without red-power, but just now I had a idea.

How about Q craft?? I have not used this new mode but could it not make a hidden launch door that you can pass through from the bottom but that acts solid from the top??

I am not ready to get into Q craft yet so I probably won't test this but from my understanding it could work for your needs.

Q-craft seems like a great mod for those that have problems with greifers.

if you download mcpc+ you rename it to tekkit.jar and when you run it the first time it create a plugins folder. then you drop all the bukkit plugins you want, like vault. residence, essentials. I have done that since day one and have no griefers. because lets face it griefers are lazy. if they cant troll you right away they wont bother. residence is the best one because then everyone can mark off their own turf. I mark off areas of town as the server then no one can grief it

if you download mcpc+ you rename it to tekkit.jar and when you run it the first time it create a plugins folder. then you drop all the bukkit plugins you want, like vault. residence, essentials. I have done that since day one and have no griefers. because lets face it griefers are lazy. if they cant troll you right away they wont bother. residence is the best one because then everyone can mark off their own turf. I mark off areas of town as the server then no one can grief it

thanks for reply.. that worked out wonderful!! thanks for all the help