Phased Transport Pipes

Ozonerayquaza

A little background information is in order before I discuss this I suppose. I've set up a few nice quarries and all, but I have these problems with phased teleport pipes. For example, sometimes they work and sometimes they shoot the materials out. I was wondering that this could perhaps be a bug in buildcraft, or that my range is limited on phased transport pipes. This is my current setup:

http://gyazo.com/a1441113be00f5e4095355f8f9317b5f

Now note that the quarry on the left of the picture is not running, yet items are running through my phased transport piping.

If there is a range on phased transport pipes (there isn't a range on phased conductive pipes it seems though..), I would like to suggest that the range is added to the technic wiki.

All the BC pipes in the current version of Tekkit are a bit buggy. Regular pipes are fairly reliable, but the phased ones are not... sadly. Item Tesseracts from TE2 can do the same job and are a lot more reliable. They do not even require piping, being able to take the output directly from the quarry, if placed in contact with one of the quarries sides.

The Phased pipes in later versions of BC seem to be much better behaved, but those versions are for later versions of Minecraft as well... So don't work with Tekkit for Minecraft 1.5.2

For now, looking at your picture, I'de say it has to do with the way the phased pipe works. The items are not actually sent out until they reach the end of the pipe. With 2 connections, the items sometimes try going strait through instead of phasing... If you want to keep using the Phased pipes, try replacing the Phased pipe with an iron pipe and direct items either up or out to the side, then into the Phased pipe. That way it only has one input. Might behave a little better that way.

All the BC pipes in the current version of Tekkit are a bit buggy. Regular pipes are fairly reliable, but the phased ones are not... sadly. Item Tesseracts from TE2 can do the same job and are a lot more reliable. They do not even require piping, being able to take the output directly from the quarry, if placed in contact with one of the quarries sides.

The Phased pipes in later versions of BC seem to be much better behaved, but those versions are for later versions of Minecraft as well... So don't work with Tekkit for Minecraft 1.5.2

For now, looking at your picture, I'de say it has to do with the way the phased pipe works. The items are not actually sent out until they reach the end of the pipe. With 2 connections, the items sometimes try going strait through instead of phasing... If you want to keep using the Phased pipes, try replacing the Phased pipe with an iron pipe and direct items either up or out to the side, then into the Phased pipe. That way it only has one input. Might behave a little better that way.

Thank you.

A little background information is in order before I discuss this I suppose. I've set up a few nice quarries and all, but I have these problems with phased teleport pipes. For example, sometimes they work and sometimes they shoot the materials out. I was wondering that this could perhaps be a bug in buildcraft, or that my range is limited on phased transport pipes. This is my current setup:

http://gyazo.com/a1441113be00f5e4095355f8f9317b5f

Now note that the quarry on the left of the picture is not running, yet items are running through my phased transport piping.

If there is a range on phased transport pipes (there isn't a range on phased conductive pipes it seems though..), I would like to suggest that the range is added to the technic wiki.

I bet that you dont have an acnhor on the other side of the phased pipe that keeps it alive. A phased pipe can't connect to another phased pipe in an unloaded chunk.

All the BC pipes in the current version of Tekkit are a bit buggy. Regular pipes are fairly reliable, but the phased ones are not... sadly.

I only use BC pipes and I can tell you that only waterproof phased pipe are buggy. BC works like a charm and in this package BC > TE. If you whant them to get equal you must change the TE config since tesseract have lower rate it can send power and a higher loss.

I only use BC pipes and I can tell you that only waterproof phased pipe are buggy. BC works like a charm and in this package BC > TE. If you whant them to get equal you must change the TE config since tesseract have lower rate it can send power and a higher loss.

I lol'd. BC works. Lets leave it at that. If it wasn't for Logistics Pipes it'd be near useless for piping.

Btw Logistics can send power through phased pipes, so long as the Phased pipe is set to Send&Receive. Also it's a lot more intelligent then the normal pipes, so if you connect a basic logistics pipe at the end and put whatever item in it that you want it to receive it will definitely move into that pipe. Or you can set it to Default Route and all items will go to that pipe, then connect it to a horde of diamond pipes to sort it all out. OR connect it to an Interface Matrix and it will be sent directly into the ME system. Then connect Storage buses to whatever you want the items to be sent to. Or export buses. But I'd like to see what the chest currently contains so..

I lol'd. BC works. Lets leave it at that. If it wasn't for Logistics Pipes it'd be near useless for piping.

If you lol at BC I pretty sure that your know how with BC are pretty limited. I have a farm run by BC that supplys my 32 bio reactors. I use it at my farm for shipping 9 different seeds/sapplings to the main storage and controlling the farm so it doesn't overproduce. My storage at my mainfacility where my bio reactors are automaticly resupplys itself by requesting from the mainstorage that are over 1200 blocks away using phased pipes to send it there, all controlled with BC. It controlls four turtles that pull seeds/sapplings from the storage and refill the bio reactors when they need to be resupplyed with no loss at all at any part from farm to reactors. And that is just for the power system.

ME are a pretty neat and simple item routing addon good for getting things to work. But BC are way more powerfull since it gives you the controll to build the solution you want and it can be build in far more ways then ME can. I havent even started to look at logistic pipes yet and I guess BC are gonne get even more powerful using that addon. BC are easy to learn but way harder to master.

If you lol at BC I pretty sure that your know how with BC are pretty limited. I have a farm run by BC that supplys my 32 bio reactors. I use it at my farm for shipping 9 different seeds/sapplings to the main storage and controlling the farm so it doesn't overproduce. My storage at my mainfacility where my bio reactors are automaticly resupplys itself by requesting from the mainstorage that are over 1200 blocks away using phased pipes to send it there, all controlled with BC. It controlls four turtles that pull seeds/sapplings from the storage and refill the bio reactors when they need to be resupplyed with no loss at all at any part from farm to reactors. And that is just for the power system.

ME are a pretty neat and simple item routing addon good for getting things to work. But BC are way more powerfull since it gives you the controll to build the solution you want and it can be build in far more ways then ME can. I havent even started to look at logistic pipes yet and I guess BC are gonne get even more powerful using that addon. BC are easy to learn but way harder to master.

You can use ME and Logistics together with MFR to cut all that work down to half.

1- Planters+ Emerald Upgrade, attach a Logistics pipe, then a Phased. Phased goes to the Bio system.

2- Harvester + Emerald Upgrade, attack Basic Logistics Pipe to send it down the Logistics system, any and all Machines and Intersections require the Basic Logistics Pipe.

3- 128 BioFuel Generators/2 Bio Reactors set a MK2 Chasis to the Bio Re and place a Supplier Module in it. In the Module place whatever type of fuel you'll want to provide. In this case it'd be Cocoa Beans. You can add up to 8/16/24/32/40 types of items depending on your chasis. This will send all Cooca Beans to that Reactor, you can also set it to default location but it's not really needed.

4- x DSU now I put an X because you will want to do this for each DSU. Place a Chasis MK2/3 onto the DSU, and set it to Exclude all. Now place a Item sink into it. But do not set it to default. What it should do is send the Beans down the system into the Reactor, if the reactor is full the Item Sink will call them back.

It'll take a few moments for the system to warm up, since the beans do need to grow and spread to every piece of Jungle wood. But once it starts up it's a nice power maker. Prefer Magmatics though with a Lava World.

But that's just a simpler way of doing it. When the server I'm on starts up again I'm gonna try out the system you laid out. Seems like fun.

I know it can be much easier build then I am currently using. My first setup had a straight line between the farm and the biofuel system and the gates at the biofuel controlled the farm. But what I love with Tekkit is problemsolving and I realy love to see how far I can stretch stuff and try to mix mods with eachother. I have a tunnel between the farm and the biofuel plant and was gonna use Steve's Cart's to ship the seeds and the sapplings by rails but since Steve's Cart's chunk loader are bugging I must wait for the next Tekkit release before I can implement that.

What many ppl here have missed are gates and pipewire. Spend some time and learn how they works and you will see how powerfull they are from building complex system to be able to build realy easy solutions then not using gates.

ME are realy good for routing items and it's powerfull mod for that. But what I don't like are that it oversimplyfies to much and removes to much of the problemsolving I like. In the end, ME just ends up to be config problem solving and all the builds are more or less the same.

When tekkit goes 1.6 or higher we can start to fully controll ironpipes with gates and colour labeling stuff for better routing solutions. Realy looking forward for that. :)