Pipes overloading and spewing all over your lovely floors?

BlackTonic

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but thought I could give some handy advice regarding this problem I've seen being questioned all over the place...

"How can I stop items overflowing?"

I actually have two possible ideas for this to help you all out there. *1.

A very cheap way, and a more advanced method which is so very simple. *2.

1. Create a loop system with basic pipes you would already be using.

With machines, you can set it up with simple Iron Pipes and Cobble/Stone Pipes to stop overflowing.

Chest > Wooden Pipe > Iron Pipe > Stone Pipe (going to machine) > Stone Pipe (above) > Stone Pipe again (Leading back to the Iron pipe).

Here is a pic to help...

Overflow1.jpg

You can add a Golden Transport pipe in place of a Stone pipe if you'd like to see things whip round rather fast. Though with speed, new items will try to fill an empty slot in the machine rapidly and can jump out of the pipe if another item gets in quicker.

I use this even when putting in multiple items into the same machine. It rarely has any problems.

2. This option requires only two Items; The Black Hole Band (2 Dark Matter, 6 String and an Iron Band) and an Alchemical Chest.

It surprises me how few people have heard about the rings powers or looked into them, but there you go.

All you need for this idea is to place the Alchemical Chest within 7 blocks distance from wherever you have items spewing out along with the Black Hole Band inside it.

The Band will suck in any nearby loose items into the chest.

You can then have a simple pipe set-up to transport those recently dropped items back into your system.

My only great example is when using the Blaze Rod Glitch...

A couple of pics to help explain;

Overflow2.jpg

Overflow3.jpg

This second picture above is to demonstrate the ability. Black Ring Band to the bottom-right in the chest, Multiple Items sucked in as normal up to the top-left.

I'm using an Advance Wooden Transport Pipe to ensure I'm only sending back into the system the Blaze Rods and Powders. This way the ring itself won't dissappear, nor will that Redstone Torch.

I hope this will help the many of you out there.

Please link this to anyone that could find it useful.

Also any advice you lot can give about my posts in future would be greatly appreciated :D

Any questions, just ask. I'm happy to help any way I can!

Welcome to the forums -- the loop method is pretty well-known, but there's always somebody who needs to hear about it.

As for the EE solution, it's no longer a part of Tekkit so won't really help anybody using the new Tekkit modpack (at least as far as I know).

To anyone in Tekkit thinking this may be a issue please note Neither Tekkit nor Tekkit lite will have this issue, we have The Deep Storage Unit or DSU is one of the most useful storage blocks in Tekkit and with a properly build logistic system there should be no reason to ever have stuff spill onto floor. Each DSU can only hold one type of item at any given time, the upside of which is that it can hold up to two billion (2,000,000,000) of the said item and, when broken, it will still contain all the items held in it.

Well regardless of a mistake he already acknowledged, using the different pipe systems is preference, really. Buildcraft can do some things better than redpower, and the like. It could also be compatibility, buildcraft and EE still receive updates, redpower is dead to the point where it has a mod usurping its title.

Well regardless of a mistake he already acknowledged, using the different pipe systems is preference, really. Buildcraft can do some things better than redpower, and the like. It could also be compatibility, buildcraft and EE still receive updates, redpower is dead to the point where it has a mod usurping its title.

Will always dream of the day someone brings back RP2.. Such a fantastic mod!

Indeed it was. But in my opinion, its successor is much better, no fiddling with special furnaces, ect just to run some redwire cable. Project red+Redstone in motion is much better for my use, and I don't miss blutricity in the slightest.

I will miss the absolute bafflement I had trying to figure out fourth, however. Oh, how spoiled I am on ComputerCraft.

Indeed it was. But in my opinion, its successor is much better, no fiddling with special furnaces, ect just to run some redwire cable. Project red+Redstone in motion is much better for my use, and I don't miss blutricity in the slightest.

I will miss the absolute bafflement I had trying to figure out fourth, however. Oh, how spoiled I am on ComputerCraft.

I never really got into ComputerCraft. Confusing as hell :P