Solar Power?

qwerq33

Well there is another way, grab a redstone energy cell, and put it in your inventory, add a solar generator to your power suit helmet, then sit their in the open sun afk or something. It's not really efficient, but it works for people who dont have a great power source :/

Edit: Then again you'd prolly get mauled by mobs when it becomes nighttime :/

wafflebot question?, how could someone get that far into the game having the full powersuit and not have some sort of replenishable power source? the power suit is getting a bit of a nerf next update it sounds like, all internal charging the suit has now is going away including that solar generator.....sad I know

Not going away, it's actually still there, but part of a separate add on mod. I've already played around with the latest version with the extra addons. Works as expected. Plus adds a new power tool module that lets you feel like zeus, calling down lightning bolts(very expensive to use, but fun).

Anyways... the solar panel items in Tekkit are spacific blocks/items. One is for the cart assembler for Steve's carts. One is a module to modify your power suit. And the last few are for powering the cart engine in steve's carts. None can actually be used to power other machines, save for using the trick WaffletimeCat mentioned.

Honestly, for most early to midgame power generation, Magmatic engines are a good way to go. Your low level mines should naturally open up into lots of lava pockets, thats potentially hundreds of buckets or more depending on the size of your mines. Late game it can be expanded with a tesseract to the nether for essentially unlimited lava, or replaced with high efficiency nuclear and renewable fuels. Much better than say, coal systems as soon as you can afford the Invar it takes.

Solar is stupid expensive to expand to sufficient levels late game anyhow. Magmatic systems look cool, and reactors are always a fun project to build all the same.

Your low level mines should naturally open up into lots of lava pockets, thats potentially hundreds of buckets or more depending on the size of your mines.

I had a neat idea to go drilling for lava once. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I think it would be a fun way to find early-game lava. Grab a mining well, a pump, some redstone engines and a few tanks and see what you can find.

Haha, most of my early power is Steam, which runs just enough juice to fuel a proper lava extractor complex, especially now that there are cheaper portable tanks in TE. I've got to get that low anyways, and then usually branch out with turtles as the muscle, and I follow along exploring caverns and seams they don't get. Suprisingly fun, since Its practical to just tab out when all there is is a turtle, and when you come back, more mining :D