Power A Quarry While Not Even On The ModPack (READ)

Xuphoria

Basically the one off put about playing any modpack to do with technic has been progress while away. Ive always wanted to place quarys and have a nice base running 24 hours a day.

I dont want to go out and setup some server or buy one for myself and i know you can use chunk loaders while in game, However when i go offline or go out in the real world, It would be nice if there was some sort of way that the game would track how long i had been away and then insantly make up everything that would of happened if i wasnt there.

Aka start a quarry and go to bed, then wake up in the morning to log in and find the quarrys finished without me having to sit there all day and night with it open.

This all started when i was on a 24 hour server with friends so therfore i trusted that no one would touch my stuff and we all had our own bases.

Id love to have that on single player, Everything running whether i go away or not. But thats not the case as you well know the game stops when you quit it.

Anyway around this? To keep progress going while away?

If you left the game running all night, it would keep digging the quarry while you slept. If you release the mouse with escape, it'll pause, but if you open your inventory or a GUI, it'll keep running.

I May go to the hassle of buying a quick server box for around £60 so that i can keep that on instead of my pc which would be easier and more maintainable.

The tone of your three posts here and the thread title leads me to believe you feel entitled to such a feature and someone is doing you wrong by not providing it.

What you're looking for is impossible.

You're asking for something that determines what any particular block combination of the billions possible intends to do over a given time. And you want this without having to dedicate the actual processing power needed to do it.

At best you could modify the very core game code and let it run at faster than 20 ticks per second. But considering most people have problems running the game AT 20tps you're looking at most likely less than 2x speedup. Not exactly the "8 hours calculated in an instant" you're asking for.

The tone of your three posts here and the thread title leads me to believe you feel entitled to such a feature and someone is doing you wrong by not providing it.

What you're looking for is impossible.

You're asking for something that determines what any particular block combination of the billions possible intends to do over a given time. And you want this without having to dedicate the actual processing power needed to do it.

At best you could modify the very core game code and let it run at faster than 20 ticks per second. But considering most people have problems running the game AT 20tps you're looking at most likely less than 2x speedup. Not exactly the "8 hours calculated in an instant" you're asking for.

20 FPS? i run it at 1000 ;P

tps

ticks per second

The number of discrete steps the game logic takes per second to provide a consistent play level across a wide range of hardware profiles, from the minimum specs up to $20k+ overbuild monsters.

Completely independent from FPS, the number of times per second the graphics subsystem takes a snapshot of the current simulation state and translates that into a 2D image for display.

Also, 1000FPS? Are you done trying and failing to be cute?

20 FPS? i run it at 1000 ;P

I can hit that too, while looking at a corner underground.

assuming you are running a more recent pack, like tekkit or hexxit, type /tps into the chat box in game and hit enter. it should show you how many milliseconds an average tick is taking. anything over 50ms means the game is lagging. let's do an example for science then, shall we? let's assume you're running lean and mean with your modpack, your ticks per second is a solid 20 and the actual time needed to complete a tick is 15ms.

since each second has 20 ticks, and each hour has 3600 seconds, each hour has 72,000 ticks. that means for 8 hours of simulation you need to run 576,000 ticks.

if each tick actually takes 15ms to run, you will need 8,640,000ms to simulate 8 hours. let's turn that into a more reasonable number, shall we? that's 8,640 seconds or 144 minutes. 2 hours and 24 minutes. that is the "instant" you would need in a conservative case. that is why it doesn't work that way and won't.

If you don't understand the "Technical Bullshit" Then I believe it would be wise to be quiet, and listen to the people who do understand the stuff in regards to what you are asking.

And FPS in minecraft is a terrible comparison regardless, as it is barely anything for a modern machine to run. Its the world logic, which occurs in the TPS that strains machines, as most people skimp out on CPU's in favor of the all mighty GPU.

And Freak, Props for doing the math, that number amused me greatly XD.

Take a look at this user and pay attention, Thanks for simply answering my question!

1: Somnia is a MC1.2.5 single player only mod. Edit: Fancy that, they did update it.

It was in the technic pack already.

2: It only runs while your character sleeps, not you personally. I was designed to speed up the tick rate and get the night time simulated instead of just setting the ingame time to day like the bed normally does.

3: It does not fit your stated criteria and has all the mechanical problems plaguing your demand that we have already pointed out.

But by all means, keep gloating like you won or something. Not like there are people here who, if they get bored, have the power to remind you that you aren't a unique an precious snowflake who doesn't have to follow rules and deserves to have people fulfill his every whim.

Take a look at this user and pay attention, Thanks for simply answering my question!

gonna pile on here and burst your smarty-pants bubble x2. as neowulf stated, somnia simulates the world while your character sleeps. in a bed. in the game. it's possible because 10 minutes is a lot less ticks to simulate than almost 600k. depending on your machine, it can take anywhere from 15-30 seconds to a few minutes every time you sleep the night away. again, this is the in-game night and in-game sleeping. not real life.