[1.6.4][SMP][Forge] Mad Science - Machines, items, and mobs to create your own laboratory!

MadScienceMod

It's that time again! We got a brand new version of the madness with new gadgets for you all to play with this coming weekend. We have been working hard on these machines and items over the last couple of weeks and really think you all will enjoy them! The coolest one by far is the M41A Pulse Rifle which has been introduced to help players with killing some of the more aggressive critters that genetic engineering had a tendency to create. Read on for change log, full details on our site with videos!

• Added Clay Furnace which will create whole blocks from a single iron or gold ore. Requires to be lit on fire with flint and steel.
  • Finished implementation of pulse rifle. Working magazines, bullets and grenades.
  • Initial commit for Magazine Loader tile entity, fills pulse rifle magazines quicker than any Steve.
  • Initial commit for CnC machine. Cuts weapon components for Pulse Rifle out of iron blocks using high pressure water.
  • Added initial commit for VoxBox which is based on Black Mesa Announcement System from Half-Life 1.
  • Tweaked update checker to timeout after 500 millis if unable to ping Jenkins builder server to prevent unneeded lag on startup if server is down.
  • Updated client proxy with custom particle rendering functions, grants ability to spawn bubbles and splash particles when normal MC only spawns them in water.
  • Added custom explosion class that extends MC one to give more fine grain control over parameters of explosion and particles and sounds.
  • Added Binary -> ASCII and ASCII -> Binary functions for decoding written books for CnC machine.
  • Added MD5 methods into utility functions for fingerprinting purposes.
  • Finalized code for Magazine Loader logic. Will only fill magazines up to 95/99 rounds to prevent jamming, requires at least 95 bullets in storage area to operate.
  • Fixed bug with meatcube render instancing.
  • Added Forge event hook for RenderPlayerEvent regarding Pulse Rifle. Allows EQUIPPED/3rd Person camera to convey using item status and animation.
  • Refactored each tile entity and mob to have it's own sound init class. Much cleaner now!
  • Added ricochet sounds for bullets when that event occurs.
  • Pulse Rifle Grenades cause fire and explosion damage on collision, bullets have 1/100 chance of causing critical damage which will cause a very tiny explosion (explosive rounds are the best amirite?).
  • Abomination eggs can always be broken by grenades, 1/100 chance of a bullet doing it, very susceptible to fire!
  • Fixed bug where soniclocators would not be properly removed from location registry after destruction.
  • Added config option to change clay furnace cook time in seconds. Default is 420 (7 minutes).
  • Added more verbose startup messages during startup.

Hey Maxwolf, (if thats your correct nick as its pretty hard to find)

Long time no post here from anybody except you so here i am. I will be honest i didnt play with your mod as it seemed to me not that interesting back few months ago. I guess i didnt dig "deep enough" or it was pretty early in development. ("Announcement System" sounds epic! When it get added? God, if this work as its described i will use it everywhere!)

To the point: As you may/may not know i am owner of E.R.A.M. server/project and its only and main builder. E.R.A.M. is (Experimental Research Assembly Manufacture) corporation with really superior technology focused on lot of things including stuff like "experimenting on aliens" or "cloning". My modpack has already more then 150mods and i am seriously considering adding Mad Science.

Here nice showcase video of my project with shiny shaders.
My project homepage is here:

My question is: what are future plans for Mad Science if there are any? I loved Evil Genius and i would like to see some similar "toys" in this mod.  Some more lab "furniture", "accessories", "traps" etc.

Anyway, i will try this mod tomorrow and explore how much it have to offer. Btw excellent job on mod homepage. It looks amazing.
Edited by masterzh

@masterzh: Maxwolf is the programmer, Prowler does the artwork. We use this name so not one of us can take all the credit. Thanks for tracking us down, we are on IRC also on EsperNet if you want to come hang out there and talk to us individually. First let me say that modpack you are making looks absolutely incredible, you are welcome to add Mad Science to it if you wish. The type of theme and "toys" we plan on adding are right up your alley. We have plans for decorative items, special toggle switches and buttons that look like things from laboratories, more forms of power generation, more genetically alerted mobs both utility and silly, and much more as we come up with as we go along like the VoxBox.

We started Mad Science back in January of this year so depending on when you looked at it could have been very early or a little later but we are still very new to the modding scene for Minecraft.

@masterzh: Maxwolf is the programmer, Prowler does the artwork. We use this name so not one of us can take all the credit. Thanks for tracking us down, we are on IRC also on EsperNet if you want to come hang out there and talk to us individually. First let me say that modpack you are making looks absolutely incredible, you are welcome to add Mad Science to it if you wish. The type of theme and "toys" we plan on adding are right up your alley. We have plans for decorative items, special toggle switches and buttons that look like things from laboratories, more forms of power generation, more genetically alerted mobs both utility and silly, and much more as we come up with as we go along like the VoxBox.

We started Mad Science back in January of this year so depending on when you looked at it could have been very early or a little later but we are still very new to the modding scene for Minecraft.

Thanks for fast respond. Maybe you can add some way to contact you on your homepage and at least list mod-team.

Edited by masterzh

• 2 weeks later...
We got a new version for everybody that you might really find interesting~ after playing survival on a server with the other UE devs for a couple of weeks we can determine for sure that getting a nether star is actually very, very hard. Peoples comments about Mad Science being expensive are indeed true. However it is definitely worth it once you actually obtain the level of technology that it can provide you and your base!

Latest version is 1.00.153 fresh off the compiler this morning with tons of recipe additions to make obtaining DNA samples easier and most importantly a tangible and non-cheaty way to get wither skeleton spawn eggs before you have access to the thermosonic bonder (which requires a beacon to construct). The solution we came up with can best be summed up with the following image:

6WCqfqX.png

The other changes accompany this and just simply make it easier to get DNA. The change log will explain it in good detail, happy Easter everybody and thank you for a great time in the MC community since we started in Jan. We are happy to be here and will continue making quality code and assets for the mod into the year!

Version 1.00.153 Changelog
  • Zombie heads now return a zombie DNA sample.
  • Abomination drops silk (string) again.
  • Rotten flesh now returns a zombie DNA sample.
  • Spider eyes and silk (string) now return a spider DNA sample.
  • Leather, beef cooked, and raw beef now provide a cow DNA sample.
  • Eggs and feathers now return a chicken DNA sample.
  • Eye of ender and ender pearls now return an Enderman DNA sample.
  • Gunpowder now returns a creeper DNA sample.
  • Raw pork or cooked returns a pig DNA sample.
  • Any colored wool block will return a sheep DNA sample.
  • Cooked or raw chicken now provides a chicken DNA sample.
  • Leather boots, helmet, leggings, chest plate and buckets of milk will return a cow DNA sample.
  • Fermented SpiderEye returns a cave spider DNA sample.
  • Ink sac will now return a squid DNA sample.
  • Creeper head will now provide creeper DNA sample.
  • Skeleton skull will now provide a skeleton DNA sample.
  • Fixed bug in DNA Extractor that would destroy items if output slot contained different item than what was smelted. Machine will now stop and wait for output slot to be cleared or smelted outputs to match.
  • Sticky piston will provide a slime DNA sample.
  • Added URL prompt for pi help symbol. When clicking and if gameSettings.chatLinksPrompt is enabled player will be prompted for action.
  • Added recipe for creating wither skeleton spawn eggs to assist in the tedious task of harvesting their skulls to kill the wither which gives you a nether star which is needed to make the Thermosonic Bonder and everything else in Mad Science.
  • Fixed bug where getDropItemId() in Abomination would return silk (enchantment book) instead of enderPerl.
  • Abomination emits heart particles when in the presence of mod developers ronwolf, Prowlerwolf, FoxDiller.
  • Added configuration option to disable M41A Pulse Rifle bullet damage to world blocks. Suggested by Angel_Kairi.
  • Fixed bug with DNA extractor returning dirty needle when extracting from non-needle such as ghast tear or skeleton bone.
  • Cleaned up DNA creation making it go in two phases for non-mutant and normal mobs.
  • Disabled debug messages on needles when they decay over time and when they finally expire.
  • Made meta-data sensitive version of addRecipe for DNA Extractor.
  • Increased sound of pulse rifle from 0.1 to 0.75 after complaints of it being to quiet.
  • Updated GUI for DNA Extractor to remove icon of needle from input slot since items other than needles can be placed there.
  • Fixed bug with server-side container names returning "container.furnace". This has been corrected to fix reflection issues with Open Components.

Bug fix Mondays! An issue was reported on our tracker, since it was anon whoever that was thanks for helping us fix this sooner rather than later.

• Fixed a Null Pointer Exception (NPE) bug in DNA Extractor that was created by allowing items other than needles to be inserted in last update. This system has been completely re-written and tested.

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone! Got a new version we have been working on and playing on dev server last few weeks where we test the other UE mods. I would like to personally thank MissOpenEye the bot for the OpenEye guys which relays crash reports from their new project. It has been a huge help in locating bugs that probably would have never otherwise been known.

So along with a new labcoat and goggles you get tons of bug fixes! Onward with science!

Version 1.00.165 Changelog
  • Data duplicator now requires a redstone signal to function. This prevents the idle sound from playing (which can be annoying) but also indicates the machine is drawing power.
  • Fixed bug with thermosonic bonder not being fully automatable. Items can now be inserted and extracted from all sides.
  • Fixed bug with Soniclocator not being able to locate OreDictionary blocks that used metadata.
  • Fixed type casting bug in Magazine Loader breakBlock() method. Checks instanceof MagazineLoader before attempting to act on it.
  • Fixed NPE bug in clay furnace when checking if furnace was in smoldering state on idDropped().
  • Fixed bug with possible itemstack attempting to return -1 when VoxBox was broken by entity that was not a player.
  • Fixed NPE with Cryotube not checking if output slot was null properly.
  • Fixed bug with AbominationEggBlock calling hasTileEntity(0) on block creation.
  • Added Laboratory Coat and Leggings.
  • Added goggles - "They do nothing!"

Requirements:
Forge: 9.11.1.964+
Minecraft Compatibility: 1.6.4
Dependencies: Universal Electricity 3.1+

Download Link:

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place.  If it's not, I apologize.  Please tell me where to move it.
I've been running this on a server hosted by beastnode, but I've since decided I want to consolidate all muh stuff's into a VPS ubuntu server.
Anyways, it runs great on whatever beastnode runs.  On Ubuntu it blows up.  I've removed it and added it specifically to duplicate results.

I get this mess.   As I'm totally out of ideas, and your mod is my absolute favoritest's one... halp ples?  I'll love you forever.

2014-07-11 22:55:14 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The mod id OpenPeripheralCore attempted to register channels without specifying a packet handler
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/ReflectiveOperationException
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2496)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2806)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:345)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.tryCreatingPacketHandler(NetworkModHandler.java:195)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.configureNetworkMod(NetworkModHandler.java:133)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.<init>(NetworkModHandler.java:102)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.registerNetworkMod(FMLNetworkHandler.java:263)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:519)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:511)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ReflectiveOperationException
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [iNFO] [sTDERR]     ... 35 more
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception NoClassDefFoundError
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/ReflectiveOperationException
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2496)
        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2806)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:345)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.tryCreatingPacketHandler(NetworkModHandler.java:195)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.configureNetworkMod(NetworkModHandler.java:133)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkModHandler.<init>(NetworkModHandler.java:102)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.registerNetworkMod(FMLNetworkHandler.java:263)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:519)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
        at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:511)
        at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:350)
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:69)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ReflectiveOperationException
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
        ... 35 more
2014-07-11 22:55:15 [sEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] This crash report has been saved to: /home/minecraft/./crash-reports/crash-2014-07-11_22.55.15-server.txt

Thanks for the reply.   :)

Modifying old post to replace with the above thanks.
I was tired and it was late.  I as usual was pushing myself when I had nothing left to push.
Somehow I managed to bork up my java install and wound up with 1.6 where I thought I'd for sure installed 1.7.

Sorry for the bother.

Edited by Methlon

• 6 years later...