Issues with Diamonds on personal Tekkit server

magustorrent

I am running a tekkit server on my home computer. I have been mining all day (8 hrs) and have not seen any diamonds. I am wondering if there is a mod or setting in the current tekkit build (not classic, not lite, plain ol tekkit), that could result in them not showing up.

Thank you for your help.

I had the same problem on my just recently started server. I mined on levels 8 and 10 which apparently have the "highest concentration" and it still took a few hours. I had to go into MC-edit and turn on view-ores-only mode just to confirm that there were even diamonds in the world.

Main point: It's just bad luck. If you've played tekkit classic recently, you may be expecting diamonds to be more plentiful because diamonds in tekkit classic came very, very easily.

Diamonds spawn from levels 1-16. The 5-12 suggestion comes from not only the random bedrock, but also the fact that's 50% of the spawn range and all completely within pick range from a flat floor.

The average distribution is 2 ores per chunk I believe, but that means across the whole world, not that every chunk will have 2 diamonds.

I personally dig a shaft straight down and clean out the entire 1-16 layer range, cobble and all. And sometimes I do find my standard 48x48 (3x3 chunks)artificial cavern is completely devoid of diamonds and I have to branch out into more chunks.