The Best Alternative to DropBox

Amaxter

Technic Forums, today I bring you a host I found that has unlimited bandwidth and relatively fast upload and download speeds. Copy.com is great because they give you 15 GB of free space and unlimited bandwidth. I know I sound like an advertisement, but trust me they're not perfect. Direct links are hard to get a hold of and the interface could use some work, but besides that it's a relatively good host. Just wanted to share this with the community XD

Technic Forums, today I bring you a host I found that has unlimited bandwidth and relatively fast upload and download speeds. Copy.com is great because they give you 15 GB of free space and unlimited bandwidth. I know I sound like an advertisement, but trust me they're not perfect. Direct links are hard to get a hold of and the interface could use some work, but besides that it's a relatively good host. Just wanted to share this with the community XD

The other one I would recommend would be Ubuntu One. Not crazy fast or anything, but bandwidth is essentially unlimited, and it's pretty easy to use.

• Discord Moderator

Even with the hurdles one might have to clear, having practically unlimited bandwidth is a huge thing. You can go through transfer data at an alarming rate. I host a set of (the set of?) Sphax patches for TekkitLite and Tekkit. Just those 3 files eat over 600G of data per month. I host 3 server myself (one TekkitLite and two custom packs) and there may be anywhere from zero to 15 people total on all 3 servers. That eats another 500G+ per month. Oink oink.

Even with the hurdles one might have to clear, having practically unlimited bandwidth is a huge thing. You can go through transfer data at an alarming rate. I host a set of (the set of?) Sphax patches for TekkitLite and Tekkit. Just those 3 files eat over 600G of data per month. I host 3 server myself (one TekkitLite and two custom packs) and there may be anywhere from zero to 15 people total on all 3 servers. That eats another 500G+ per month. Oink oink.

Yeah once my mod packs started getting over 500 downloads a day Dropbox instantly failed for me

yep, thats why I moved to copy.

my modpack "Grand Theft Craft" over loaded my Dropbox.

Also I noticed they updated their interface to a more windows 8 looks which I kinda like. I'm surprised I don't hear more people hosting from them, but I guess Dropbox is faster with download and upload speeds. After my new ultra modded survival pack got 71 likes in the first three days of its existence and over 5,000 downloads I knew Dropbox would murder me had I hosted it there.

Also I noticed they updated their interface to a more windows 8 looks which I kinda like. I'm surprised I don't hear more people hosting from them, but I guess Dropbox is faster with download and upload speeds. After my new ultra modded survival pack got 71 likes in the first three days of its existence and over 5,000 downloads I knew Dropbox would murder me had I hosted it there.

Yep, dat win8 thing is one of the reasons I like copy.

I also like Medafire, but no derect links...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

How do you put the file from copy.com to your technic pack