Glitch With Glass Pane Problem?

Eziair

I have this strange glitch whith my glass panes. I stared of thinking it was a problem with the Modded Sphax Pack I was using so I changed to a non-modded Sphax but the problem is still there.

Then thinking "ok it might be Sphax it's self" I took the texture back of totally so I was only on Default, but alas the problem is still there.

I even took OptiFine back off the Mod Pack.... but still the same problem.

e45b9a6b-92c9-44fe-bdf3-dea275f2278b_zps

I'm not sure what to do to fix it now. Was thinking it was the texture pack but seening as Iv'e stripped the game right down to just the basic 'Mod Pack' with no textures.......The best I'm at with textures is how to download and install them. :(

Ok, did the last thing I could think of... a fresh new download of B-Team, with nothing added.
It's still the same.

edit - Just installed B-Team on the boyfriends PC and it has the same thing with the Glass Pane. So I now know it not a glitch with my game or PC.

double edit - now seen this bug on a few YouTube vids that people are doing of this mod -pack!

if you swap out the panes for chisel panes, they align well.

nicer textures, too.

Thanks for that tip Brigadon but alas I just tested it using the 'Ornate Japanese Glass Pane'. Looks like pane's made by using the chisel have the same problem as the normal pane's.

The Tinkers glass pane look ok from only one side.

Edited by Eziair

just checked, no it does not cause block ID mismatches exactly (the mismatch is a ghost error caused by an override, no game effect)

Good solution, AcesOyster. in the chisel.cfg file, change 'change pane rendering algorithm=true' from 'true' to 'false'

However, doing so disables chisel's alternative panes. Of course, if they are not working right to begin with, I see no reason to worry about it.

suggestion: use carpenter blocks for 'windows', apply chisel unique glass block to carpenter blocks, recess window with carpenter's hammer. Not quite as good as a true pane, but at least the blocks are recoverable, and recessed windows still look pretty good.

could someone maybe check if the config options about overriding vanilla blocks in the chisel config file change this bug at all? I would check myself but I warn you that they're dangerous config options that will cause mismatched block ids in already made worlds.

and thats why I don't play with config files...... unless it's be tested by someone that knows what there doing, I don't.   ;)

could someone maybe check if the config options about overriding vanilla blocks in the chisel config file change this bug at all? I would check myself but I warn you that they're dangerous config options that will cause mismatched block ids in already made worlds.

just checked, no it does not cause block ID mismatches exactly (the mismatch is a ghost error caused by an override, no game effect)

Good solution, AcesOyster. in the chisel.cfg file, change 'change pane rendering algorithm=true' from 'true' to 'false'

However, doing so disables chisel's alternative panes. Of course, if they are not working right to begin with, I see no reason to worry about it.

suggestion: use carpenter blocks for 'windows', apply chisel unique glass block to carpenter blocks, recess window with carpenter's hammer. Not quite as good as a true pane, but at least the blocks are recoverable, and recessed windows still look pretty good.

Thats done the trick.

Thanks to you both (one to have the idea of the config and the other to work it out) I have good looking windows now.

Off to make a ton of carpenter's Blocks   :)

oh, believe me, i LOVE the interaction between carpenter's blocks and the chisel mod (microblocks too, but I haven't been using them much on the new world)

This is what I was working on (in survival) as a proof-of-concept evil castle. It's not going to be finished (I am still working on making it 'evil enough' and will probably make the next one underground) but it shows some of the nicer interactions:

2014_02_07_21_36_39_by_brigadon-d75jl9q.

Oh, just ignore the little extra utilities watering can in the toolbar...hehehe.

Edited by Brigadon

oh, believe me, i LOVE the interaction between carpenter's blocks and the chisel mod (microblocks too, but I haven't been using them much on the new world)

This is what I was working on (in survival) as a proof-of-concept evil castle. It's not going to be finished (I am still working on making it 'evil enough' and will probably make the next one underground) but it shows some of the nicer interactions:

2014_02_07_21_36_39_by_brigadon-d75jl9q.

Oh, just ignore the little extra utilities watering can in the toolbar...hehehe.

I like that. Sweet idea of the archway.

I'm more of a Steampunk/Goth style of builder myself, and now it's the weekend and no work I can have more time to play around with carpenter's blocks/chisel mod.